Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2004 2:20:31 PM EDT
Okay here's a silly question. Now I know that Ar's are still being made and I know the AWB rules reguarding them, but what about AK's? Were ther banned freom inportation altogether by the ban thus making every one in the country in effect a preban or am I 180 degrees off base here because thay really seem to be really neat little rifles to shoot and their reliability is above question. One last thing, are all AK mags of equal quality, or are some better than others?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 2:54:13 PM EDT
[#1]
yes, they were banned... but AK's made using a certain number of US parts are considered domestic so the import rules dont apply... so there are lots of "no ban" AKs coming on the market.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 3:16:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
yes, they were banned... but AK's made using a certain number of US parts are considered domestic so the import rules dont apply... so there are lots of "no ban" AKs coming on the market.

So this means I could have a pistol grip, flash suppressor and a bayonet on the same rifle? Or a thumbhole or foldinf stock? SWEET!!!
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:19:03 PM EDT
[#3]
If you have 5 U.S. parts in it.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top