Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2004 9:58:47 AM EDT
To anyone that owns or has operated a WASR 10 in 5.45 I have a few questions.  Is the accuracy any better than standard 7.62? I hit consistantly at 200 yards with my SAR1, can it at least do that.  Reliability is not usually aquestion with AKs I know but I will ask anyway is it reliable?  Lastly accessories, muzzle brakes and folfing stocks.  I will want to fit a muzzle brake to clean up its operation, any suggestions?  preferably with little or no smithing brake adapters, threaded barrel changes etc.  and does it have any trouble mounting folding stocks?  reccomendations (under, galil, or side) again preferably little or no smithing.  

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated,

Matt
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:17:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:23:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Mattl,

The WASR in 5.45 isn't in country yet as far as I know. I have one on order myself. Campy is spot on as concerns the add on's. I have a Bulgy 5.45 & a Romy SAR2, both in 5.45 of course, really like these critters. The Camp dude is right again on the reliability & accuracy question. Get that sucker & have a great time!  
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:57:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Gunsnstuff ad from the Sept 10 issue of SGN has WASR2 "hi-cap" rifles for $308.95!!

BTW the Romy sidefolder plugs right in...Put mine on my SAR1 the other night. THe rifle is fully functional with the stock folded(no probs engaging the safety or charging the weapon). It is extremely rigid and I am very pleased with the setup...can't wait to get it to the range. Hope this helps
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top