Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 7:21:59 PM EDT
I need a schematic of the internals for the side folder.  I just 'unfolded' the button by grinding the weld and the folding button falls out.  My guess is I need a spring and a pin.  Any pics, dimensions of same would help a bunch.  Also a source for parts - nothing on global or k-var sites - if its something that I cant make or pick up at the hardware store.  

Its an ORF gun - I wonder if Todd and the gang have piles of 'extras' laying around from all the folders that were welded open during those oppressive days of the ban?  Krink do you know?  Todd?

Lesson 2.  Even a small weld placed ideally for grinding off makes a hell of a lot tiny metal pieces that adhere like paint when mixed with grease and CLP.  Lesson 3. dont clean your gat before you grind metal.

Note: this is not a bitch/compliant about ORF - they couldnt have welded the button to the receiver with a spring covering it.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:13:17 PM EDT
[#1]

you need this spring to go around the folder retaining pin and the spring retaining pin holds it in place. (the small pin)

As seen on Tantals web site
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:55:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks kevin - I never thought to look on tantals site (it always costs me).

Problem solved - I called Todd at ORF and the spring and pin(s) are in the mail!

As usual with ORF, they treated me right - "What's it gunna cost?" I ask.  "Nothing", says Todd, "Just give me your address."

Gotta love those guys.  I do wish they'd quite making new stuff though - my wish list keeps getting longer and longer.  Being broke right now makes it even worse.....my daughters braces are going to cost me most of my toy fund for awhile.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:28:00 PM EDT
[#3]
prepare to battle that damn spring at first, it is not fun. Once done a few times it's easier but it will still give you some sore thumbs...well it did me at first.
Kids cost too much, I would sell mine but I have too much in them to do that, just kidding, love my kids. I love to watch my 9 and 11 year old sons shoot the AK's and AR's....wow if I could have done that when I was their age....
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:48:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top