Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2004 5:09:05 AM EDT
Hello all, Could anyone tell me if the Norinco AK's chambered in 223 are of decent quality. I am also interested in high cap mags for this 223 AK.  Are they available?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:14:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:25:34 AM EDT
[#2]
The polytechs are the ones that absolutely need their own mags.   The bulgy waffles can be easily modified for use w/ the norincos, but they are just as expensive, if not more, as the norinco mags right now, which are generally found for around $30 +-$5 for 30 rounders.   However, that may change shortly (IIRC, the bulgy 5.56 mags used to be like $12-$13/ea, but then it was found that they weren't even manufactured at all until after 94, and no possibility of being preban, so importation and sales stopped).   The weiger mags will NOT work - they are too wide.   I'd guess the bakelite 5.45 mags with the 5.56 followers (as supplied w/ the vepr conversions) would work, but I haven't tried.

I have an 84s, and I like it.   IMHO, the chinese guns have a nicer fit and finish compared to, say, the romanian guns.   You should be able to pick up a post-89 gun for around $400, replace the appropriate number of parts with US ones, and in a few days, make it just as "evil" as an 84s.

Rocko
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 1:03:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I got my post-ban for $350.00 last year and you can get 14 round mags pretty easily.  30 round mags can be picked up on the Equipment exchange from time to time.  I got some a couple of weeks ago.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:04:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got a Norinco pre-ban .223 that I bought used in '89. It seems decent to me; I've never had a problem or malfunction with it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:47:43 PM EDT
[#5]
The Norinco 84S is beautiful in fit and finish that my gunsmith recommended it for my Krink build....
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top