Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2004 12:04:25 PM EDT
Hi,

I am going to put together and AK-47 (7.62x39)for my sons first "hunting rifle."  It would be a project for both of us to work on together.

I have also considered a low capacity WASR and converting it to hi capacity.  My limited understanding is that you essentially just enlarge the mag openning on the Low capacity.

How would you do it?  If you built from a kit, what kit and what 80% reciever?  (I have an OOW reciever sitting on my desk now for ref.)

Thanks!

Sauramen

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:29:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:37:45 PM EDT
[#2]
M38's can be had for $50-100.  IMHO, it would be a better choice for deer.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:59:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Just check out the build it yourself forum, there all your answers can be found.  Also, a Saiga carbine from CDNN is only $159.99, and can be made into a highcap later.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top