BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2004 8:21:21 AM EDT
September 2, 2004

Dear Mr. *****:

On June 18, 2003, a Consent Judgment was entered in the District Court of Wabaunsee County awarding civil penalties to the State of Kansas ans restitution to many consumers affected by the actions of Gary Gucciano. After a lengthy process of determining restitution amounts, this office has recently filed a motion with the court which would revise the final restitution ammount set forth in the original Consent Judgement.

The restitution amount we will present to the court for your specific complaint is:

$605

Restitution will be paid to you after we have collected it. It is not possible to give an accurate time frame of when restitution payments will be sent out to consumers. In fact, it may be quite some time before any payments are sent by our office for the simple reason that, from all evidence we have, Mr. Gucciano is insolvent. If you have any change in residence or phone number please contact our office with the updated information and reference your file number at the top of this letter.

If we have declined to present a restitution amount on your behalf or if the amount is less than you demanded, the decision was made based on a host of factors such as the evidence available to us and verbal or written disputes by Mr. Gucciano. Restitution amounts are final and are unlikely to change unless you would be willing to personally appear for the hearing that is scheduled in this matter of October 4, 2004 at 11:00 a.m. in Alma, Kansas. If you intend to appear, you must notify us on or before September 20, 2004. Likewise, if you disagree with the amount you are welcome to pursue any legal recourse you may have on your own. Remember the Kansas law limits the amount of time that you have to file an action so you should not delay in seeking private legal advice in that regard.

Mr Gucciano's license was not renewed by the BATF. The last we knew, he had appealed that non-renewal.

We thank you for your patience through this matter. Due to the number of claims and amount of property, this lawsuit was a huge undertaking for our office and we would have preferred to move it forward faster than it happened.

Sincerely,

OFFICE OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL
PHILL KLINE

Signed,
James R. McCabria
Assistant Attorney General
Consumer Protection Division

Well, it sounds like I may never see the $605 that Gary ripped me off for. I'm very pleased to see that the BATF has not renewed his license, as he can no longer rip off people in this manner. It is a two-edged sword though. No license = no income = no way to pay the restitution = claimants lose their money.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:58:08 AM EDT
[#1]
The some-bitch can get a real job!hopefully,the welfare office won't bail his sorry ass out
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:30:53 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The some-bitch can get a real job!hopefully,the welfare office won't bail his sorry ass out

Would you hire him?  And given his work ethic, just how long do you think he will last on a job where he is expected to perform?

Hmmmm, I wonder who he is voting for in the upcoming election?
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 11:13:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 1:19:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe the Bridal shop was owned by his grandparents.  The land he had his rolling house and chicken coop on were owned by the grandparents.  The wife was a girlfriend/common law and it would be impossible to get anything from the loser unless someone in the vicinity of Harveyville could find out if he is working under the table.  If so, a call too the IRS might be in order.  If he falsifies his taxes some time in a federal prison would do him some good.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:55:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Pardon my newbness , but what happened?
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 11:11:51 PM EDT
[#6]
at least it looks like IF the state can get the money out of him, you'll get it.

States tend to have ways of getting what they want, though it sounds like this guy is a total shitbag/loser.

Best of luck to ya!
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 3:35:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:28:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Pardon my newbness , but what happened?

x2
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:38:06 AM EDT
[#9]
I got mine in toady also. It was for $205 . We will never see that money. Im glad he can't get his FFL renewed.  &$!*#!!(*&^  that punk. WD
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:42:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:42:56 AM EDT
[#11]
All I got from them whole affair was a T-Shirt that said " I TOOK IT NUT SACK DEEP !!!!  WarDawg
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:54:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone still have the Milk Carton photo related to this?  Sad, but fucking hilarious.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top