Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2004 1:24:36 PM EDT
Hello Everyone,

I have been reading as much as I can find about 922r and 922r compliance and I still can't get it straight in my head. Could you help me please?

I have a NHM-91. It hasn't been modified in any way. It has the thumb hole stock, origional bipod, and I am using Chinese 30 rd mags. Am I 922r compliant?

After Sept 13th, I would like to add an A1 flash suppressor from Bushmaster to my rifle? If I do this and change nothing else, will I still be 922r compliant?

Thanks,
Accountant

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:35:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:50:36 PM EDT
[#2]
The 1994 ban will expire on 9/13 but your rifle will need to comply with the 1989 ban that will not expire.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:58:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Campy & IB,

Thank you for responding. Ok, now I am beginning to understand the 89 ban (94 ban, I understand fully). As is, my rifle is not an "assault rifle", but if I start adding assault rifle features, then I also have to add US made parts. So, if I do add a US made flash suppressor, then I need to add another 5 US parts.

Hmmmmmmmm..........that just seems weird. If I keep the thumb hole stock, I really do need to change all of those parts just to add a flash suppressor???

Thanks for help me understand the 89 ban,
Accountant
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top