Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2004 8:02:06 PM EDT
Ive been looking for a folding stock for my ORF-74 and saw that TAPCO is offering a folding stock for stamped receivers. the stock resembles the Galil stock, and folds to the right.
anyone have a review or info on this?
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 3:11:46 PM EDT
[#1]
NOBODY?
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 3:20:10 PM EDT
[#2]
No review but I like the forearm. I want to put it on my shorty shorty hybrid.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 3:37:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I also would to like to hear from someone that has installed one, looks to me like it would be hard to use when folded ?

Another thread, www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=61980
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 4:59:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one on the way from Scottgull in the EE. I'll let you know what I think in a few days.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:22:08 PM EDT
[#5]
It RESEMBLES the stock. It doesn't function like it.
I have feelings against aftermarket stocks, folders specifically. They generally suck, and don't do what the real stocks do... Such as allow you to use the rifle with the stock folded (can't use trigger with right hand, nor can you comfortably charge your rifle unless you custom-replace the charging handle with a bent-up one like on Galils and Romanian folders).
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:29:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It RESEMBLES the stock. It doesn't function like it.
I have feelings against aftermarket stocks, folders specifically. They generally suck, and don't do what the real stocks do... Such as allow you to use the rifle with the stock folded (can't use trigger with right hand, nor can you comfortably charge your rifle unless you custom-replace the charging handle with a bent-up one like on Galils and Romanian folders).

That one looks like you can work the handle while folded.  Its ugly as hell and the whole hinge looks like ass.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:44:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Its ugly as hell and the whole hinge looks like ass.

agreed.

take care,
Tec
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:10:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, to be honest, It's not that it's that bad a stock, just could have been excecuted much better (stock adapters... AAHHH! they ruin any kind of folder just by moving it back just enough to screw it all up).
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top