Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2004 1:57:42 PM EDT
I found what I think is a great deal and have to act fast. But I have one very important question first.

The BWK-92 5.56x45mm AK, are they completely chinese made and assembled or are they one of B-West creations. If they are of B-West, did they have the heat treating problems or not?

I need an answer ASAP please.

Thanks a bunch.

TED
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 2:35:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Those should be all Chinese made, just imported post ban rifles by B-West.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 2:43:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Look at the receiver.  If it's marked as being made by Bwest you know it's one of their receivers.  If it's marked chicom you are in like Flynn.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:11:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:04:19 PM EDT
[#4]
So B-West didn't only just assemble them here they also imported some that were made entirely in China? And the BWK-92 is one of those? I'm just really worry about getting one of the B-West assembled rifles with out the heat treating that lead to pre-mature failure of the receiver.

Oh, another important quick question, the BWK-92 uses the Norinco 5.56 mags, right? I hope so because I already have some.

Anyone happent to know what the twist rate is off the top of their heads?

OK, So...BWK-92 is...
Made and assembled in China by Norinco
Imported by B-West
5.56mm
Twist Rate?
Uses 5.56 Norinco  mags
Stamped receiver
16" standard contour barrell

BTW, so far, everything looks ok and I am planning to buy the gun tommorow it is located in Ohio, and I am in Alaska, that is why I have not laid eyes on it yet. I will call tommorow to ask more about the receiver markings.

Thanks veery much for the quick replies.

Tsh77796
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:29:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top