Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/3/2004 3:05:45 PM EDT
Hi everyone, I just bought an SLR95 MB. It still has the thumbhole stock and I want to do some modifications to it. I have been reading and it seems there are 3 ways to mount a scope onto the rifle. One way is the Intrac with weaver design, then there is the classic side mount along with real russian optics, and the third is to replace the rear cover with a cheap looking one that will hold a scope.

What would you say my best choice for a mount should be? I am basically gonna shoot it at a range.

Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 3:42:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 3:44:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't bother replacing the dust cove.  Never hold zero.

The ultimak looks OK fot a red dot.

I like the side mount best.  Hold zero when you take the scope off.  Some diffrent choices to use.

It's all personal prefrence.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 4:05:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the reply, I definitely like the side mounts, but how do I go about getting one installed. I talked to global trading (?) and they said they do not do side mounts anymore because it takes too long. Can you reccomend where I can have this done?

They also told me that  I would have to have my muzzle break replaced in order to do the buttstock pistol grip conversion. Why is this. I read other folk said they can just replace with american parts - the trigger group (3) Handguards (4) Buttstock and pistol grip make 6 - right? Why then would they want to replace my muzzle break?
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 7:05:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Inrange or Ohio rapid fire can hook you up.  Or find a local smith.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:17:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe the person you spoke with did not understand your parts count intentions. Either way, Inrange of ORF are very good and in your corner of the US for cheaper shipping. Side rails/rivets are about $30 plus install, and absolutely the way to go unless you only want a fwd red dot (then Ultimak).

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top