Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2003 5:47:02 AM EDT
Are they worth a crap, I got one and was wondering if it was worth trying anything with??
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 7:10:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Rak,

I have 2.  I would get them heat treated by Inrange.  Or Chris at AKUSA for $35.

I am noticing some wear around a trigger pin hole.

I plan on asking Inrange if he can heat treat the holes like he does OOW receivers when he adds the 3rd hole for full auto.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 7:25:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Dang I wish I could add the third hole to mine also. Might do it (get it heat treated , not add the hole edit was needed for that clear up), or just might use it and see if I can break it by abusing it. Not really a expensive piece of metal. It came on a interordance florida gun works fixed underfolder I bought a few years ago. It seems real easy to bend though, I have dented it a few times before I realized they had some of those half moon clips in the hammer pin that I couldnt see.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 9:39:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Rak,

I have 2.  I would get them heat treated by Inrange.  Or Chris at AKUSA for $35.

I am noticing some wear around a trigger pin hole.

I plan on asking Inrange if he can heat treat the holes like he does OOW receivers when he adds the 3rd hole for full auto.

What are you talking about?  He cannot do that for you! Totally illegal, unless your a Fed and he has a MG builders license. Did I miss something or what?

Link Posted: 12/30/2003 10:20:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 10:55:24 AM EDT
[#5]

I plan on asking Inrange if he can heat treat the holes {in the same manner as}when he adds the 3rd hole for {his post sample conversions to} full auto.

Link Posted: 12/30/2003 11:00:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds good, but the third hole for full auto raised an alarm bell with me.  I know none of the pro's here would risk losing their license and freedom for something like that.  A family member of mine will be moving to Texas this June and will setup his own company.  He is in the process of getting his papers(sot) in order for him to do exactly what Troy is doing.    
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 11:28:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm not going to ask Troy to add the evil third hole.  He is a police officer.  I don't like jail.

I'm not going to ask Troy to do anything Illegal.  I'm going to ask him if he could heat treat my semi holes, in the same manner as when he builds a legal post sample rifle and adds the 3rd hole.  He heat treats the third hole to harden it.

AJjer_Bullets

I see you understood what I was saying.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 11:53:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Stop overacting people!  Read thrice and respond once!

What he wrote was perfectly understandable.  He was asking if trigger/hammer holes on a Krinks reciever could be spot treated like troy treats the third hole on OOW recievers when he manufactures a go-fast gun.

I in no way read him as asking Troy to make a third hole/go-fast gun for him.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 11:55:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Ohh we jump when we here third hole and auto sear  ha. I meant as stated the other holes, thought the edit would have fixed that impression. I was wrong about the gun, its not a florida gun works, its a blue ridge precision on a krinks, florida recv. But looking at it, I dont see too much precision about it, actually looks like it was built in a kitchen somewhere.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 1:24:29 PM EDT
[#10]
My apologies, I overreacted. I should have read carefully.  I read fast, so it sounded like it was illegal.  My mistake. Sorry.

Link Posted: 12/30/2003 2:05:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey rak,

I have the same gun.  Blue Ridge "Precision", my ass.  That gun is why I will not buy from IO any more.  Piss poor customer service.  Told me to deal with BRP, even though they knew BRP was out of business.  A-holes.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 3:01:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Ha, I bought it 3-4 years ago, I often think of chopping it off the recv its on and having it rebuilt back up, but with the polish underfolders being in abundance now, I will probably go that route, I think I will see if I can tear this one up, no cleaning, multiple drum runs, see what a porrly built ak can do.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 4:30:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I would too,  But mine came with a bent front sight, they sent me a new sight, while the smith was putting it on, he noticed the barrel was slightly bent.  So I don't know what to do?  Get the barrel straightened or by a polish kit.

Send me that plum 74 so I can break it in for ya.  I have 2000 rounds for it.  Kvar still hasn't sent the rear trunnion for mine yet.  So no inrange gun yet.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 4:48:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Man they are taking their time with that trunion. Im hoping to have the krink back from inrange sometime this month or early next month. Thats what I really wanted, the 74 was a side thought when I bought it. Still havent shot it, I need to quit buying crap like mags and get some 5.45 ammo for it. Heck I just scooped up some fal 30 rounders today. I guess I will go ammo hunting soon, seeing as to the thread on that John Titor guy said we were gonna have a civil war this year, hate to have that and have a closet full of mags and no ammo  :)
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 5:12:42 PM EDT
[#15]
I will not work on the Krinks receivers unless they have been heat treated. You guys are right they will litterally twist in your hand and the distance between the front and rear trunion holes were off. Generally the worst receiver I've ever seen along with the B-West.

Hey RAK? What Krinkov?

Troy Sellars
IN RANGE inc.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 7:59:23 PM EDT
[#16]
You have to cut Troy some extra slack Rak, he just had surgery as we all know.  

He's got two of my rifles too!  can't wait to see them with the nice furniture I've got set aside for them.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 7:14:27 AM EDT
[#17]
The freaking one Ive been thinking of everynight at bedtime is what krink.
Good thing I got 3 payperiods in January, I was wondering where I was going to come up with the scratch to pay for it from so soon after x-mas. The krinks recv I got I can bend back and forth with my hands, I had the carrier get stuck in it and I guess it was bent at the back not allowing the carrier to come out, so just out of sheer frustration I tried to pry it open and get it out, suprisingly to me, it worked.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top