Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2003 4:28:06 PM EDT
...I bought a couple of the 700 round tins of Russian ammo at CheaperThanDirt, just to have & store.  Has anybody here ever bought this stuff & shot it?  Is it quality?  I didn't buy it to open, but curiosity is getting to me.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 4:34:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it any particular brand?
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 9:13:02 PM EDT
[#2]
The ammo is manufactured by Uly(a shortened version of ulyanskisomethingorother). If you go to the ammo section of this ak forum there is an ammo test there done by Obershutze916 which includes this ammo. I seem to remember that it came in 3rd or 4th in terms of consistency and accuracy. I've bought some and my SAR-1 and Wasr10 hi-caps like it very much. Century arms website sells it for 57.50 if you buy 2 or more. If you open it you find it comes in square green and white boxes but looks identical to Wolf externally(excepting headstamps of course). Speaking of which.....watch out for sportsmans guide...they are selling 640 round tins of 7.62 ammo...the can looks the same but it is Wolf. Please note that it holds fewer rounds too. Hope this helps.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top