Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2003 1:43:11 PM EDT
Well it seems like K-VAR is permanently out of stock.

A Bulgarian apparently won't work on my Romanian project.

Can anybody point me towards a Romanian FSB, the kind with the threads for the brake?

On the bright side, it's looking like by the time I finally get all my parts together I won't have to mill off the bayonet lug to assemble it!
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 2:26:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 3:35:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Rabid Coyote,

I have one that I took off from my SAR2.  Is that the one what you're looking for?

Booker
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 3:44:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Rabid Coyote,

I have one that I took off from my SAR2.  Is that the one what you're looking for?

Booker

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that thats the only one you have?  First, is it for sale, and second, if he doesn't want it, could I have a stab at it?  IM me if you want to sell it.

Link Posted: 12/14/2003 4:11:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 8:16:46 PM EDT
[#5]
booker, if it came off a SAR-2, it's probably not the right one.  I need the one with the large 22mm (about 7/8 inch) threads in front of the sight tower, surrounding the barrel.

If that's what ya got, I fer sure want it.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 8:26:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Could a Bulgarian be adapted to fit by means of boring it out (if its too tight) or sleeving (if its oversize)???
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 9:04:11 PM EDT
[#7]
You want the 22mm FSB. Otherwise do what I did; buy a thread or press on adapter from Investment Grade Firearms and put it on yourself or you can send it to Jayson and he can do it for you and that will include the plunger pin and spring also. It's the next best thing to the Romanian FSB. I can't tell any difference from my SAR 3 which has the Romanian FSB to either of my SAR 2s which have the 22mm adapter. Both work the same.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top