Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2003 3:46:56 AM EDT
Got a chance to finally pick up a VeprII in 7.62X39.  I was wondering about the barrel rifling in the longer barrels because the rifling looks faint.  I also checked out a couple of older NHM-91 rifles and their barrels looked the same.
Is it normal for the longer barrel AK's to have barrels that look so smooth?
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 3:58:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 12:56:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes Mr. Bob, I find that to be the case.
I have a spare FAL barrel laying around and it looks the same only a lot shinier.  I guess that brand new shiny barrel is a little deceiving.
Once again, you prove that you are indeed an AK
god.

Now, if he still has it in the morning it will be in my safe or shooting off a few rounds at my mom's place in the country in the afternoon.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 5:26:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 3:31:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Does anybody really reload AK ammo anyway?

Anyway, I understand what you are thinking/saying.  

Thanks again.

Oh and btw, that new VeprII is resting in my safe at the moment.  Gonna go try it out today provided the weather co-operates.  I  don't do cold weather like I used to.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top