Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2003 9:55:33 AM EDT
I'm looking to buy a SAR 1 from Aim Surplus and I'm unfamiliar with the process. I found an FFL dealer in my area already. I'm looking to purchase this rifle ASAP..I will overnight any/all paperwork. But I don't know the steps or forms I have to send.

Can someone please explain the steps that I need to take??

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 10:11:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Rob,
get your local dealer to send an ink signed copy of his FFL to AIM.  (Any color ink besides black is acceptable.)  Have your dealer put your name on the FFL so AIM knows you're the buyer.  Aim will send your purchase to your local dealer and everything then proceeds as if you were buying your SAR-1 locally.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 1:03:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 2:17:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I would call AIM 1st thing in the morning, and give them credit card info, then immediately get an ink signed copy of the FFL next day'ed... Something you haven't considered: If AIM has FFL's on file for the people who call tomorrow with THEIR credit cards - they get their orders processed immediately...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 2:33:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I would call AIM 1st thing in the morning, and give them credit card info, then immediately get an ink signed copy of the FFL next day'ed... Something you haven't considered: If AIM has FFL's on file for the people who call tomorrow with THEIR credit cards - they get their orders processed immediately...

- georgestrings

I'll call AIM first thing. I'll have to do the leg work though since I just moved to a pretty remote area in South Carolina so I doubt the FFL will have them on file. The nearest FFL dealers are almost an hour away in the Savannah, GA area.
Thanks for all the info guys...I'll be sure to call AIM first thing.
Thanks again
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 2:59:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Rob - No, the way it typically works, is that a distributor like AIM will have a bunch of FFL copies from dealers who've bought from them already on file... Who knows - maybe they have a copy of one from "your" guy, already - stranger things have happened... Good luck - mine should be in by tuesday or wednesday - I'll let you know how it looks...

- georgestrings
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top