BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/29/2003 2:22:39 AM EDT
Since I was accused of being Congoloid or some sort of gunsnet troll, I might as well play into the game here. I've had it with this shit.

I tried to soothe what I thought was a childish game between these boards, where I have friends on both sides. I tried to keep this side (and gunsnet) from hopping onto the opposing sides only to take snipes or to insult the general population.

Sue me, I wanted us to act like grown fucking men.

But this Kalishnikitty shit just cements what I've been seeing. You fuckers claim to be the sagely, decent folk run off by gunsnet and their policies, no?

Look at your sorry asses. Spending all your energy and half your goddamned forum to do nothing but call names, invent clever catch phrases for everyone on the other board and generally make raving asses of yourselves.

I don't claim to know all that's gone on with gunsnet, there are parts of it I didn't agree with - and I made my voice known. But, there has been a whole lot I DO KNOW the story on (some of which you guys have no fucking clue), and what I can distill at this point is that this camp is a bunch of petulant, arrogant and rude motherfuckers. There are more twisted panties in this playground than I care to count. It's no fun being here, it's no fun sifting through your pissing matches, and then you have to bring it over to gunsnet so I can't escape your defacation anywhere.

You have made enemies of people for nothing but your own hubris, you've made yourselves pariahs when no one had a bone to pick with you, and your ceaseless ranting makes me wonder if there wasn't a genuine reason you're not on gunsnet anymore (read: you're a dick and your booting was well-deserved).

This thread is directed at a few people, who know damn well who they are. I like alot of people on this board, and enjoy some of it - but this forum in particular is an outhouse of bad-feelings festering in the bellies of small people.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 2:29:46 AM EDT
[#1]
[intercom]Cleanup in aisle 4[/intercom]
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 2:39:16 AM EDT
[#2]
SS, far be it from me to accuse you of being Congoloid or a troll. Trolling seems to work both ways whether direct or indirect but most definitely not your style.

The Kalishnikitty shit to me is by no means petty. Gunsnet flat slole what they thought they could and did easily profit from until someone (not me) stuck it in their ass (right where it belonged!)

It takes a lower form of life than the average bitch we all have from one time or another to swipe a person's thought of making a buck and actually making it happen. Greywolf got fucked. FUCKED. (excuse me to the few kiddies whose parents allow them to peruse the local firearms baoards)Who made the likes of Bowhunt and HDR (along with the ever-popular Mick) so freakin' great? Geez, if it weren't for the C&R forums Gunsnet wouldn't have much going for it right now other than the Romanian AK forum which amounts to nothing more than the same old questions posed by people who could get the info they seek with a simple search.

Sorry asses? Where?
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 3:40:01 AM EDT
[#3]
SS unless you ARE bowhunt or the "gooch" you don't know what I've been put through over there. They tried to ruin my reputatuion as well as my business. Why don't you just go play on your swing set with the rest of the children and leave us alone.

Troy Sellars
IN RANGE inc.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 3:51:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 4:18:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I believe I also gave a very humble apology to you swing set for mistaking you as Congoloid.

As far as your position in this..Hell it’s yours, I respect your right to have it and I respect this board for letting you post it.

As far as this being a board war?...I can only laugh at the assumption of people who claim that.

Campy is completely correct in his response...Hell don't give us anything to slam you about and we won't...straighten your act up and you won't be scrutinized. That applys to all boards not just Gunsnet

That is very typical on any forum.

As far as wasting away at a computer...come to Georgia.. spend 3 hrs a day in the gym with me. Go shooting on a given Sat and blow away 1,000rds. of 7.62x39mm.

Hardly wasting here...
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 4:21:52 AM EDT
[#6]
IIRC, you were preaching the party line "over there" in the thread about the shirts. So I don't see where you have the room to throw stones.

This will blow over soon.  Like Campy said, it goes in spurts. At least this one is for more civil. Honestly, you have to see the humor in the way they have conducted themselves "overther" during all of this.

This will pass, it always does.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 4:26:19 AM EDT
[#7]
swing i knew you weren't congo, we have spoken many times on the other board. i do have to ask myself who the fuck lit the fuse to your tampon? you might want to try and take a couple midol and maybe tomorrow won't be a heavy flow day. maybe a name change is in order something like moodswingset?

as far as the so called board wars there isn't any aknet is on its way down fast and taking you with it. you need to see the light brother, it is a freight train heading towards you.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 4:58:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Swingset,

There is some serious bad mojo going on over there and many people are upset about it. They use this place to talk freely about it.

Think about it, no one can talk about it over there without being threatened with banning.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 5:00:48 AM EDT
[#9]
I called him a troll and boyhunters knob polisher.

I don't take any of it back. swing did you have a fight with your boyfriend or what? I mean you really take being bowcunt's tool, to new limits. 1 they flat out have helped people rob your "FELLOW" gun owning brothers. they have lied and have helped cover up crimes. they want to establish a monopoly on the internet gun forums. the have flat out stolen someone else teeshirt design. if you don't like being called names then you sir should take along hard look at the company you keep and are tring to defend. till then sit down and "SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 5:23:08 AM EDT
[#10]

This thread is directed at a few people, who know damn well who they are.

AND THAT COMMENT RIGHT THERE IS WHAT EVERYONE SEEMS TO OVERLOOK!

I've noticed a small few continuously sling insults. Sometimes I just want to say get over it and don't even give gunsnet a thought anymore.

But there are some who seem to be enabled and encouraged here, like Antares who is always slinging crap no matter what board he's on. And krinkfreak, who I would think, because of who he is and how he has served our country, would rise above it and set an example.

But it does not get better, and I'm beginning to think even campybob wants to keep the boat rocking for old reasons that this new generation neither know or care about.

Link Posted: 10/29/2003 5:43:53 AM EDT
[#11]
omg,
chop off one cave troll head and another grows up in its place. they are liars and theives.
i don't know about you "Johnfoxe" but where i come from  thats not somthing taken lightly.
people have been robbed of money and firearms, people are still being taken by their sponsers.ie jokeeeeeen. now with all that out in the open you show up and act like they have done nothing . you protect theives what does that make you sir????????

now sit down.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 5:49:43 AM EDT
[#12]
OK guys...here's the deal.

It would be utterly FABULOUS if there wasn't any crap between the boards.

What people don't realize (and hell, I wasn't here for it, so correct my incorrect assumptions or recollection of history) is that ALL of this ak-47.net vs. ar15.com shit was started BY ak-47.net booting people for expressing dissenting opinions.

The original booted people came over here and started a new AK forum, and that seems to have pissed ak-47.net off even more.

I cannot believe that an intelligent person can believe that people here have "made enemies of people for nothing but your own hubris".

Those fuckers over at GunsNet STILL, to this day, lie about their part in the Gucciano/SAI bit, and are continue to play as if they've taken the high road long ago, and have no part in this.

This is a GENERAL DISCUSSION board.  There's plenty other specific AK discussion boards around here, on this site.  Granted, it does seem like there's a lot more than "general discussion" going on here.  It still remains that if you don't like seeing random crap, don't read this board.

And please, don't try to take the moral high ground on the KalashniKitty shirt.  As has been stated here many times, the shirt was the creation of one of the ar15.com members.  Some thief over at ak-47.net stole the design and started selling it to their members.  I'd not be suprised if they stole the Calvin Klein parody shirt, either.

They're just bitter because someone got tired of their shit, and they got smacked down.

You want to know another thing that's humorous?  For all GunsNet's hubris about suing everybody and their brother for things they don't like, it's sure strange how they can't afford to get their bankruptcy lawyer to defend them against the company that owns Hello Kitty for "their" defensible parody.

I've refrained from going over to GunsNet and taking part in the arguments.  I've posted a few times over there, and I posted a response to their "olive branch" crap, which got absolutely no response.

Explain that one - a LOT of people made intelligent posts over there on that thread, and they just ignore it and delete it.  Sure, there's some here who don't care if the two boards peacefully co-exist, but there were a lot, as evidenced by that thread, who wanted to see some cooperation, and those people got slapped in the face, and business returned to usual over there.

If this forum is an outhouse of bad-feelings festering in the bellies of small people, the ENTIRE website over there is the same thing, in the bellies of smaller people.

The whole glass houses and throwing stones thing comes to mind...
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 5:57:54 AM EDT
[#13]
kythri,

I agree with you on the olive branch post. what has me so fired up , is the protection of sponsers that have stolen from gun owners and the censorship of free speach. I have been in the army for  11 years . I have not spent all that time defending freedom, so some fatboy who thinks he is a navy seal can play "lord of the internet."

Link Posted: 10/29/2003 5:59:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Campy, how much would you charge to write my press releases. You explain shit so well!!!

Troy Sellars
IN RANGE inc.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 6:15:22 AM EDT
[#15]
JohnFoxe,

What example would you like me to set???  That it's okay to "cower" when you get ramrodded/banned on the other board?  Myself and Troy Sellars left the "other" board behind us and went to K-VAR Forum...Once we arrived there, we were immediately banned by a K-VAR Moderator (who was actually a well known moderator on 47 Net who threatened to deal with us if we went to K-VAR Forum).  We finally gave up and went to AR15.COM and began to breath again...low and behold guess who was a moderator there??? None other than Gary from SAI.  He immediately began discrediting us there, but luckily his whole "House of Cards" started to fall.

As far as your comment pertaining to "keep the boat rocking for old reasons that this new generation neither know or care about."

Hmmmmmm.....Those that fail to heed the lessons of history, are destined to repeat them again.

I'm not sure how long you have been around on the other board, nor do I really know what nick you go by over there (since you do not want to tell us) but there's a lot that has happened over the years that you may not be aware of....Hell even I don't know everything.  But I know someone who does....CampyBob.  He shoots from the hip, and tells nothing but the straight truth.

In Campy we Trust.

By the way, I thought your profile said you were from Oregon, but now it shows Montana.  In fact, an Instant Message I received from you said this:

No, I'm one of the guys from Oregon.

Just ask one of the Staff here to check inside my mailbox account and they will see the IM from you.  So what is it?  Oregon or Montana ????

I can't stand trolls, that's why I ask all of our refugees who they are (nick from other board) when I welcome them to the board.

So please, let us know who you are.

KF
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 6:16:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Who farted?
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 6:17:25 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
omg,
people have been robbed of money and firearms, people are still being taken by their sponsers.ie jokeeeeeen. now with all that out in the open you show up and act like they have done nothing . you protect theives what does that make you sir????????

now sit down.

Once again, I feel compelled to tell everyone unless they can document proof of JoeKen actually stealing money or defrauding people, to shut the fuck up about JoeKen stealing from them(nothing personal, 1179.).  NOBODY is being taken by JoeKen.  People have posted here that they've been jacked by JoeKen in the past, yet fail to come up with proof.  Someone (don't recall) even said that JoeKen had charged their card, and when questioned about that, backed down, and claimed that they were mistaken.

You show me proof, I'll shut up about JoeKen.

I'm a repeat customer of JoeKen's.  I'm not the happiest with their customer service, but NOT ONCE have they failed to ship me what I paid for.

To be perfectly honest, had I known that K-Var was going to be selling their waffles as cheap as they were, I'd have bought from them - on a customer service and speed of service level, K-Var is better and faster.

However, I committed to JoeKen on the pre-order, and I'm told that orders are being filled, mags are being shipped.  I have no reason to expect they'd jack my order this time, when I've made MUCH larger orders in the past.

Now, to address the GunsNet issue, yeah, I don't in any way shape or form agree with how GunsNet and JoeKen handles their forum on the website.  I do not think that a "sponsor" or business should be given a forum, and then given carte blanche to screen/edit/delete posts on that forum.  There IS a very Gucciano feel to that forum, I'll admit.  (This is I believe what you were referring to as the "sponsor protection", yes?  I agree with you wholeheartedly on that particular point)

However, the fact remains, regardless of all the complaints you've seen, so far, the only thing JoeKen is guilty of is poor customer service and slow shipping/lack of communication.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 6:53:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Swingset, is this profile for real???

Biography: I'm a nice guy, so don't make me kill you.  
Interests: Satan Worshiping, basket weaving and croquet  
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 6:55:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 7:07:36 AM EDT
[#20]
"You have made enemies of people for nothing but your own hubris........"

hubris ??  That the middle eastern schit that you eat with your fingers ??  (Heck, I didn't have a clue that our "own hubris" was that bad.)
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 7:16:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Campy,

I couldn't agree with you more.  Let's talk AKs !!!!

[what the heck....edited to remove my comments in a gesture of good will] KF
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 8:59:07 AM EDT
[#22]
The board games threads are pretty easy to spot and ignore. Heck as a Mod I don't even bother to read all of them.
And if the episodes sustain themselves and clutter the board to obscure the AK talk, they can be herded into limited threads like the SAI mess has been handled.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 9:56:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Homestly, it was fun in the last two wars, but I am really not up to a new one right now.  Lets play nice.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 10:15:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Or better yet lets talk some more about miss RSA!!!
Rifles get boring after a while...she never does...lol

Bowcunt is a lost cause that will soon be forgotten..who was I talking about??...lol
see I forgot the maggot already...Its darn easy if you try!

Don't forget the tuition fund in the sticky note at the top of the forum!
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 11:17:26 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
This thread is directed at a few people, who know damn well who they are. I like alot of people on this board, and enjoy some of it - but this forum in particular is an outhouse of bad-feelings festering in the bellies of small people.

Well, you say that but reading your post really made it sound as if directed at our board in general. Maybe I missed something, but I doubt it.
FWIW, I ended up leaving gunsnet due to all the acrimony about saying basically the same thing you are saying there. However, my comments were directed only at the admins and their stooges. Such stupidity as not being able to say ar15.com or campybob, etc. Ridiculous. However, I can tell you that you won't be banned or censored for criticisms here, nor will your posts be edited or deleted and no one is going to give you crap about posting over there either. Sounds like the pot calling the china black to me.

Stick around, we'd like to have ya---or leave. Makes no difference to me really.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 12:34:34 PM EDT
[#26]
swingset

Holy hell boy ! who pissed in your corn flakes. Man oh man ,what a whining baby.

We know you are not the congoloid for you see ,,,  I am really congoloid. There let it be said let it be done.

Krink Freak , I am the XMAN on all other boards.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 12:46:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Swingset doesn't know the truth and he is only working on what knowledge he has.  

Give him a break, myabe he'll see the light one day.  

As for Congo or whatever name he goes by at any given time.  He's just a special case like a enigma of sorts.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 12:49:30 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Swingset doesn't know the truth and he is only working on what knowledge he has.  

Give him a break, myabe he'll see the light one day.  

As for Congo or whatever name he goes by at any given time.  He's just a special case like a enigma of sorts.

Don't you mean enema?
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 1:56:53 PM EDT
[#29]
The real congoloids life story in his own words . I think I am going to be ill. The lies never stop.

DorGunR
Top Member

Trader Rating: (0)

Bronze Contributor

Well if you don't have some pride then you can never be embarrassed.........think about it.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

10-29-2003 10:47 PM          

Congoloid
Kalashnikov Member

Trader Rating: (0)

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Dafapa
That wasn't directed at you particularly, just the people that were proud.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am proud of my accomplishments.
What I'm most proud of is coming from street kid with a fourth grade education to getting a bachelors in real estate from the #1 school in the nation.
I learned English with the marielto boat people at a tech school along with all the other "X Fundamentals" classes.
My first few girlfriends had to teach me to speak English like an educated person rather than slang and subject verb fuckups. They constantly corrected me until I spoke "normal".
I took most of my advanced RE classes w/grad students.
Toward the end, they "fought" to get me in their team for projects.
I wrote a thesis in my senior year and my advisor is a nationally known political figure. He gave me a 3.5 on it rather than a 4 because I didn't consult him before doing it. When we met, I told him I was almost finished with it. He almost jumped out of his chair in amazement. I told him I'd hand it in to him in a few more weeks. (I had a schedule to keep and he didn't know it.)

And I did the last months of school as my ma died from her battle w/cancer. The day I started my last class, I told my instructor I'd have to take the next day off to bury my mother.

And for 1.5 of those 2 years, I was living on saved money and being my ma's primary care giver. This meant doing things like taking her to and from the hospital and holding her barf buckets through the night and going to school during the day.
I spent many a day/nite sleeping on a chair next to her bed at home or in a hospital room with my books on my lap.

My ma bought me my class ring before she died because she knew she'd not be around for my graduation. She made me promise that I'd graduate. And that when her time came, I'd not let her linger.

So I OD'd her on morphine at the end and a few days later, I went to my last class. Then graduated a few weeks later and di

My second most proud moment was at quantico.
As an uneducated lance coolie, I was put in charge of platoons of officers to train, both butter bars and reserves, which meant all the way up to majors.

So much bull shit so little time.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 2:37:03 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

However, the fact remains, regardless of all the complaints you've seen, so far, the only thing JoeKen is guilty of is poor customer service and slow shipping/lack of communication.

oh gee is that all....only a complete and total idiot would do business with them.

SAI also had bad communication, and poor customer service also. yep, I see another SAI in the making. and like SAI, the gunsnut staff is pushing folks to buy from JOKING and covering up for them
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 3:48:52 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
JohnFoxe,
What example would you like me to set???

I don't know Mr. Deaton. I thought since a lot of people here look up to you, you might have improvised.

As far as your comment pertaining to "keep the boat rocking for old reasons that this new generation neither know or care about." Hmmmmmm.....Those that fail to heed the lessons of history, are destined to repeat them again.

And that was my point. We are repeating those lessons by re-engaging rather than ignoring.

...but there's a lot that has happened over the years that you may not be aware of....Hell even I don't know everything.  But I know someone who does....CampyBob.  He shoots from the hip, and tells nothing but the straight truth.

You are correct, I am not aware of the reasons for the crap between the boards and I really don't care except in the way it affects us as brothers.

By the way, I thought your profile said you were from Oregon, but now it shows Montana.  In fact, an Instant Message I received from you said this:From :: JohnFoxe :: 10/24/2003 4:23:28 PM
No, I'm one of the guys from Oregon.

And now Troy, my curiosity regarding your attempt to recon me via IM has been satisfied. I like to at least be treated to dinner before getting fornicated. See www.MutualRespect.com for further information.

I can't stand a troll, that’s why I ask all of our refugees who they are (nick from other board) when I welcome them to the board. So please, let us know who you are.

I'll take that one better. I despise trolls. Feel free to show me were I have trolled anyone here or acted disrespectful. (except one post that doesn’t count)

The name’s John Foxe and the only one who has taken a moment to welcome this me to our forum is CampyBob.

Now back to the news.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 4:12:15 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Who farted?

Oops,sorry!
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 4:24:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Wow, now I don't feel so bad about missing my daytime soaps anymore. This is like Jerry Springer and Days of Our Lives rolled into one.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 4:30:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 5:37:12 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

oh gee is that all....only a complete and total idiot would do business with them.

SAI also had bad communication, and poor customer service also. yep, I see another SAI in the making. and like SAI, the gunsnut staff is pushing folks to buy from JOKING and covering up for them

sfcret, eat my ass.  You just called me a complete and total idiot.

Stop acting like the dotnutz morons.

I challenge you, or anyone else, to find me documented proof of where JoeKen has taken someone's money, and not either A> shipped product or B> returned the money.

If that happens, I'll stop defending them against spurious claims.

And make no mistake - I'm not defending their business practices.  Hell, I've been critical of the way they handle things myself.

Fact of the matter is, you and/or people like you, spout off complete and utter fiction about JoeKen stealing peoples money, and it's horseshit.  It seems that your real complaint is that they're an ak-47.net sponsor, and you're anti-ak-47.net because that's the "hip" thing to do.

It's like the morons who bash Microsoft as "sucking" and go on about how everything Microsoft is evil, blah blah blah, when they've never used anything but Microsoft.

You don't have a real complaint about anything, you just want to complain.

Find some information to back up your crap, or silence it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 5:58:31 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Since I was accused of being Congoloid or some sort of gunsnet troll, I might as well play into the game here. I've had it with this shit.

I tried to soothe what I thought was a childish game between these boards, where I have friends on both sides. I tried to keep this side (and gunsnet) from hopping onto the opposing sides only to take snipes or to insult the general population.

Sue me, I wanted us to act like grown fucking men.

But this Kalishnikitty shit just cements what I've been seeing. You fuckers claim to be the sagely, decent folk run off by gunsnet and their policies, no?

Look at your sorry asses. Spending all your energy and half your goddamned forum to do nothing but call names, invent clever catch phrases for everyone on the other board and generally make raving asses of yourselves.

I don't claim to know all that's gone on with gunsnet, there are parts of it I didn't agree with - and I made my voice known. But, there has been a whole lot I DO KNOW the story on (some of which you guys have no fucking clue), and what I can distill at this point is that this camp is a bunch of petulant, arrogant and rude motherfuckers. There are more twisted panties in this playground than I care to count. It's no fun being here, it's no fun sifting through your pissing matches, and then you have to bring it over to gunsnet so I can't escape your defacation anywhere.

You have made enemies of people for nothing but your own hubris, you've made yourselves pariahs when no one had a bone to pick with you, and your ceaseless ranting makes me wonder if there wasn't a genuine reason you're not on gunsnet anymore (read: you're a dick and your booting was well-deserved).

It's good work if you can get it
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 6:14:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 6:27:40 PM EDT
[#38]

this camp is a bunch of petulant, arrogant and rude motherfuckers

Yes, I am you little fuck. I would consider that a compliment coming from someone that actually mattered.

I and several members that routinely post here have earned that right - both through our service to our country and/or by being productive and HONEST members of our society.

I doubt you have.

So continue your satan worship and internet masterbating somewhere else.  Go back to the wantabe, lying, theiving, children that you seem to want, and need to defend.

We dont need you here.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 6:49:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 7:00:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Ed, you have to visit the Dark Side more often.  It makes your "Bear Pit" look like Sunday School.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 7:16:32 PM EDT
[#41]
CampyBob,

HOLY SHIT BATMAN!

I wondered how long before some mods over there would start caving in.  What a mess this whole thing is and has gotten to be.

Another reason I don't want to release my identity, who knows where this stuff will end.  Everyday I read stuff here and see grumbling over there. I'll just stay low and be a laid backed poster.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 11:26:16 PM EDT
[#42]
 Yes, mess just about sums it up I think.

By the way, any and all negative comments that I have ever made about .net are and were directed at how the site is administered. The general membership is Ok in my book with the exception of those that knowingly support .nets duplicity out of blind obedience.

I still stand firm in my belief that there are good guys over there and I have learned alot over there, how this shit shakes out remains to be seen though.

Everybody be cool, and take a long sip of some sort of beverage. We got the rest of our lives to beat each other to death, it dosen't have to be done in one day!!

Chuck
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 3:29:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 3:31:56 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 4:17:06 AM EDT
[#45]
I believe what bothers any of us about that site is the fact we hate to see good people shammed and taken advantage of, and they just follow blindly, some follow in fear of loosing their accounts.

That is not what a tight knit community some claim to want is all about IMHO..

I like the fact I can come one here and say hey Campy your wrong, or hey your opinion sucks or your doing this the wrong way, Worst case I would end up in one of Campy's poetic ramblings..lol

Or I can be critical of Ken or one of the other vendors or smiths about their work and talk the situation through to resolve the issue rather than have it pushed under a carpet and hidden from site.

You continually get screwed, you'll eventually have enough of it and stand up for yourself and your fellows.

Right now I see our negative opinions, as the first steps of actually helping open up some of those shut eyes and closed ears over there and let the membership right the wrongs and set things straight for themselves.

If they don't it will just get worse and worse. Until they self destruct and all that AK-47.net was, is lost for everyone.

Because if you think those assholes in administration over there will just give up the copyright to all the information on AKs they have if they go down...your kidding yourself...it is all about the money for them.
They care nothing for the brotherhood unless they can get a buck out of saying they do.

So the folks over there think we are full of it and are just out to shut them down?.....lol..

Na,, couldn't do it if I wanted to.

If the administration over there truly wanted the branch they offered to be accepted.. do like I said before.

Come clean about your past transgressions.
Work for your membership and not for your pocketbook.
Do not be ruled over by your sponsors.
Do not let your sponsors rule your membership.
Do not let your sponsors screw over your membership.
Do not hinder freedom of speech in any way over disputes between your sponsors and your membership.

If you want your board to succeed take care of your lifes blood...the people.

Not the sponsors.

Link Posted: 10/30/2003 5:12:34 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 6:52:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Let me throw in my 2 cents if I may... (I know I should keep quiet, but I'm too stupid to keep my mouth shut!)...

I'm not a mod or an admin at Gunsnet, and I certainly don't know all of what's been going on.

But, from what I have seen, the only people who get "banned" are the ones who write real threats, harass others or continuously violate forum rules.

I have also seen a few people make overly big stinks about problems with certain vendors.

It's one thing to say "I ordered ### from XXX and it took a whole damn month to arrive". It's another thing to write DOZENS of messages with the intent of hurting the vendor.

Personally, I think Gunsnet is run quite fairly. And, I'm not being a "suckup"... I suck up to no one.

Regardless of all this, the bottom line is that we are all gun owners and we all love our hobby (or sport)... whatever.

I think all sides should quit the bickering.

Gunsnet calls this place "ARF.COM", this place calls Gunsnet "AKNUTZ.COM"... geez... let's all grow up a little.

Roger

[edit: I plan to cut-n-paste this on AK47.NET also]
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 7:04:29 AM EDT
[#48]
Krupski...just wait till the try to sue you or threaten legal action, then it really starts to show the way they run things....
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 7:38:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 8:15:42 AM EDT
[#50]
I put up a post over there asking what happened to the olive branch thread and I got some pretty short answers from Redstar and HDR. I also got some PM's telling me to drop the subject or risk being banned. Interesting bunch running that place.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top