Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2003 12:08:21 PM EDT
I spotted a few on gunbroker, and now I'm curious about them.

Anyone use one of these monsters in their AK?  Looks like it would be a hoot at the range or for some zombie killing.

How much should I expect to pay for one, and is there someplace besides gunbroker that I can buy some from?

I've also seen pics of 55 round waffle mags.  Where can those things be had?
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 12:23:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm 95% sure that any 55 round mag one can come up with will be a 40 and 30 rounder combined.  

I'm sure they work well, since we are talking AK mags here.  There novelty items as far as I'm concerned.  

That said, zombies are one of my most hated foes, but maybe a  drum would serve that purpose better?
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 12:50:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I've 2 Romanian drums already, so I'm just looking for something different.  The big, goofy looking 55 rounder seems like it would fit the bill.

Besides that, when the mag is empty, I can take it out and bash in some zombie heads with it.  Hard to do that with a drum.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 1:12:41 PM EDT
[#3]
hi cap over at ak47.net makes em, he has all sorts for sale, never had one, but I hear good things about them. I can get more info if your really interested in them.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 1:19:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is a pic,

Link Posted: 10/26/2003 2:59:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
hi cap over at ak47.net makes em, he has all sorts for sale, never had one, but I hear good things about them. I can get more info if your really interested in them.

I'll just post over there about it.  This is mostly for future reference anyway, since I just ordered a bunch of waffles from k-var.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 3:10:38 PM EDT
[#6]
They look good from the pics, I have accsess to all kinds of good glues and chemicals at work, but I cant bring myself to saw a waffle in half. I need to sneak some rent money over to k-var while the waffles are cheap. Dang it there is always sumthing

first it was waffles,
then those dang polish steel
then came the polish polys
some nice  20's were gotten next
then I found some slabsides
now the dang waffles are back in the sights.

I guess I will shit if the bakelites ever make a apperance.

Jeez, I got 2  7.62 ak's here right now, with one more coming, and I got way to many dang mags, but I keep tellin myself Just a few more and Ill be ok. Kinda like a drug addiction, one day they will find me splaid out on the floor, wild eyed glassy eyes, and covered in freaking mags.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 3:27:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Jeez, I got 2  7.62 ak's here right now, with one more coming, and I got way to many dang mags, but I keep tellin myself Just a few more and Ill be ok. Kinda like a drug addiction, one day they will find me splaid out on the floor, wild eyed glassy eyes, and covered in freaking mags.

Link Posted: 10/26/2003 3:36:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I think I'm starting to turn into a mag whore myself.  I've 2 Romy drums, 5 steel 30's, 10 40's, and 10 waffles on the way.

Anyway, how are those Polish synthetic mags?  I heard that they got cracks in them some time ago or something to that extent.  Maybe I'll give those a whirl too.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 5:06:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Some have some hairline cracks in the rear, but they are metal reinforced under there. Hey when I saw them, I had to have some. They are ultra hot. Although, I must admit, waffles are my favorite of all. Now If I could just score some of those smoke clear waffles I know that are out there somewhere. I even thought about having some molds made outta the black waffles and making just the bodies, tearing the insides outta black uns and coming up with the ultimate super commando special force delta clear waffle. For the low low price of
69.95 each. But that idea left quickly with the minimum orders you have to place with third world plastic makers.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 6:17:29 PM EDT
[#10]
if you like to bench shoot, then that isn't the mag you want......I agree with AJjer, they are more of a novelty then anything else. at least with a drum you can at least clear the ground, in the prone...with one of those 55 rounders your looking at something that will get in the way.

but to each his own....I prefer the 20 rounds to 30s myself.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 9:20:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Could you please? Esp. if he has a website. I tried looking for any posts of his over there, but I spent a whopping 5 minutes at that site and felt dirty the whole time (and it was my first trip there!).

That the same guy that had not only AK mags but also 50 round FAL mags? I used to have that site in my favs but then the site went down or some crap and I couldnt find the new url.

And thanks for any extra info ya get me.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top