Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2003 3:07:50 PM EDT
I, Original-SSR on those boards, was probably one of the first posters to question "WHY" the boycott was being held on KVAR, and it was asked in a very respectable manner. I went back shortly after, and there was a response. I did not agree with their position, but I did appreciate the response. I posted my "thanks" for it, and then mentioned that I had no personal problem with the K-VAR company, and that it would remain one of my main sources for my AK purchases.
I don't think that thread lasted more than one hour after their response, before it vanished.

I also mentioned that I had been very pleased with K-VAR's service (in another related post), and it too vanished.

Hmmmmmmmmm ..........LOL!!!!

Could it be that my computer is somehow screwing up, and losing my stuff?........NOT......LOL!!!:)

Oh well, I have been visiting many other boards lately, and maybe thats a very good thing.

Though I have been on the AK forty seven dot net boards since 1999 (under three different handles), I have seen the way things have progressed in a bad way there. Hey, they are no longer the only big game in town ;)
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 3:22:26 PM EDT
[#1]
The same thing has happened to almost everyone else here.They deleted one of mine for giving Troy @ In Range a good review.SSR,You're in good company here,no need to go back.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 3:29:10 PM EDT
[#2]

You got your thread deleted for giving someone a good review?  WOW!

I thought they were restricting themselves to only deleteing bad reviews of favored sponsors... and of course, anyone who mentions KVAR.

They have no integrity at all!
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 3:36:20 PM EDT
[#3]
:) Thanks buddy!

I have been a member of AR15.com for longer than my start date states. Just like on the other board, I started with another board name, but I actually joined AR15.com in 1999, months earlier than joining AK forty seven dot net :)

Still own AR's as well (I've been a Bushmaster fan for quite some time):)

Link Posted: 10/24/2003 4:02:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Something I forgot to mention, does AK 47 dot net realize that by not wanting people to promote KVAR products on their boards, they are also hurting Arsenal Inc, which is K-VAR's partner! I mean, the standard Arsenal Inc SA M-7's are loaded with K-VAR components (the trigger, hammer, disconnector, upper handguard, lower handguard, pistol grip, and buttstock).

They are basically saying to all......"Don't mention the best source for new AK components"
.....and......
Don't mention the finest American made standard production AK's (Arsenal Inc's).

But please, buy from our good friend and sponser "JoeKen"!! They should be able to hook you up with a fine hand picked Hesse AK specimen.

Hmmmmmmmm... JoeKen........K-VAR ??

Hmmmmmmmm... Hesse.........Arsenal Inc ??

That should be a tough choice.......LOL!!!
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 6:24:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Its hard for a rational Man to figure out how they draw their conclusions,and yes Someone inquired about a good AK Smith and I recommended Troy Sellars @ In Range.I don't think it lasted 3 hours.There are many People here that have been banned from .net for little more.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 12:32:30 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The same thing has happened to almost everyone else here.They deleted one of mine for giving Troy @ In Range a good review.SSR,You're in good company here,no need to go back.

In a few days I guess I will see how they handle my Troy review...
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 3:58:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 5:38:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Jeepcreep, don't you mean ********. Seriously I questioned their "boycott" too and the mod got a little irate at me for suggesting that competition is good for everybody. If Joeken wants to match K-VAR then they will, if not then I guess they won't sell many mags. I personally have no problems with either company and will shop around to find the best deal.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 3:30:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I guess that just means that there are more KVAR products for us and less for them.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 4:09:07 PM EDT
[#10]
They have to be kidding themselves to think that they influence anyone...even the membership in any way..

Point is for every post against K-var over there..nine out of ten who actually posted probably put in a new order afterwards...lol

just agreeing with Dthornvader in fear he will use the Swartz against them...

"now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb"

Bwhhahahahahahahaha.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top