Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2003 5:42:04 PM EDT
Want to buy or build a krinkov, most likely post-ban model.  Would it be cheaper and less time consuming to buy a krink or have one put together by someone? If so, by whom would anyone suggest.  If I were to buy the kit I would use a Ohio Ordnance receiver 5.45 x 39mm.
Any info would be helpful
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 5:46:28 PM EDT
[#1]
probably will be cheaper to have one built if you're only going to do one build. Tool costs on an AK are astronomical :(
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 6:12:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Post ban models are going pretty cheap over on the EE and on the subguns.com boards.

Link Posted: 10/20/2003 6:17:26 PM EDT
[#3]
i heard the barrel installation is not intended for regular folks like us.  i bought a part kit for mak90 and returned it because (beside it is being ugly as hell) i can't find a way to uninstall my current barrel.  i wanted some thing to use now and save the original parts of the gun.  receiver won't get scratched or damage under normal usage, but barrel and other things will.  

i also heard "building" is the way to go with ar15 because everything is easier, but super tedious whereas ak is super easy to do everything except the barrel installation.  if someone can shed some light on this new ak owner regarding the barrel part, i would buy you a box of wolf.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 6:44:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Basically for barreling and riveting you need one of these ....

20 ton hydraulic press... bout $200 at your local harbor freight store
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 6:47:52 PM EDT
[#5]
can't see it
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 6:58:23 PM EDT
[#6]
if your handy with metal work you can build a press cheap, with scrap iron and a bottle jack..
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 11:04:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
...less time consuming...

If you’re thinking SBR you’re a bit off track here. The ATF is all about time consumption.

J
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 6:45:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Nonsense, once you get a barrel pressed into a trunnion, building can be accomplished with simple tools and some patience....I put togather an AKMS in 48hrs with a Sears drill press, a dremil, a hand drill and some loctite. As the WA Hometown guys will attest, its ass-ugly, but it shoots very well....
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 9:01:13 PM EDT
[#9]
i bought a kit from centerfire system and it came with the barrel with huge thread section.  i think you suppose to screw it onto the receiver; at least with that barrel.  i then saw a bunch of barrel at the gun show with no thread section.  so now i am lost.  i returned the kit.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 9:14:13 AM EDT
[#10]
You had a kit intended for a milled receiver... A whole different beast
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top