Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/16/2003 12:01:37 AM EDT
I’m still in the earle stages of the ole learning curve, so I hope you’ll hang with me here.

I’ve been perusing K-VAR’s web site and found this.

I’m thinking: "it’s not for a Krinkov and it’s not for a standard AK, what is it for"

Any ideas what it's for, what it goes to and how long the barrel is?

Register the receiver on a Form One, and have this installed, what would it be?

Thanks for all the help folks.

Best regards, J
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 12:41:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe it is a KVAR marketing idea to give people the "highly desired" 'Krink' look without having to go through the SBR registration process....they have the parts, so I am sure they are having a US gunsmith/shop build up these barrel assemblies..  wonder what gas tube they will be using?
-C
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 1:12:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats actually a AK-103/104/105 barrel. It uses the standard gas tube
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 1:36:16 AM EDT
[#3]
If it's one of the AK-102/104/105 barrels like Stottman says, it's 12in in length without the muzzle device.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 1:56:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Oooohhhhhhh J needs another SBR
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 2:00:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I am on crack tonight... time for bed.
I was on KVARs page last night and saw that 16" barreled krinkov kit and I guess I had that on the brain... yes, obviously this is the military config AK105 barrel assembly with the bulgarian 4 piece break (this break is usually seen on 5.56 and 7.62 guns BTW). KVAR can't get the proper shortend 'booster' style muzzle devices (yet).
My class II buddy is building these short boosters using Krink ones....they need to be cut down, rewelded, and re-clocked as the retainer pins are in different spots than the Krinkov. He also makes long ones for the guys who don't want to register SBR, but still have the AK105's shorter barrel.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top