Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2003 8:45:45 AM EDT
a little off topic I know but, I'm tired of shooting at Static paper and wonder if anyone knows of targets that move. You know, like in those BB gun shooting gallerys. and I dont want to pay an arm and a leg for it. I've seen those man size reactive ones forlike 500$! i just want something simple like a revolving duck sillouette. anyhew, any links? or even ideas on building one?  
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 9:42:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Trap/skeet/clays. Plate shoots involve fast pickup and accuracy, not moving literally but cheap and more fun than paper.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 10:13:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Sarco had some U.S. Army surplus moving target training simulators a while back. You might check with them.

I knew a guy once who hooked up an old lawn mower engine to a cable and pully system.  He hung milk jugs from the cable that went in a circle and shot at them.  He controled the speed by the idle setting on the engine.  Odd and loud, but it worked.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 10:16:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 11:01:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 1:56:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Balloons. On a light wind day just let them blow around.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 2:11:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw a SWAT team training snipers with a helium balloon tied to an RC truck.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 2:52:02 PM EDT
[#7]
You might want to consider moving to Iraq or Afghanistan
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 2:52:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Yah, I was going to say...go to Radio Shack, buy one of their el cheapo RC buggies, tape a stick to it, and tack a target to that. Or, tie a balloon to it; that works too. Make sure the balloon's higher up than the vehicle, though

Or, if you like expensive targets...just shoot at the RC buggy! Be sure to police up all the parts, exploded batteries, etc afterwards...

Link Posted: 10/6/2003 3:58:28 PM EDT
[#9]
here's my criteria 1. I usually shoot alone so i cant have RC cars or whatever. 2. I usually shoot at a range so ballons are probably out of question unless thay're tied down and it's windy but a good idea though. as to spinners I definitly want a target that moves side to side or up and around like a real person would. I'll keep looking though thanks, oh BTW I was just banned from guns.net for asking a tactical question! truly jerks!
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 8:21:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Coyotes.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 12:25:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
...I definitly want a target that moves side to side or up and around like a real person would...

Wouldn't a real person take cover instead of moving from side to side???  
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 5:33:53 PM EDT
[#12]
I find that dogs running loose in my yard make interesting moving targets.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top