Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2003 10:05:49 AM EDT
I posted this on AK-47.net and got one response that offered to send me an extra one they had laying around.  Still looking for a second one:

--------------------------------------------

I need help with two muzzlebreak questions:

1) I have a pre-ban Hungarian AK-47 underfolder (7.62X39) with a slant-style muzzlebreak. Does anyone know where I can find an AK-74 style screw-on muzzlebreak that will fit the rifle?

2) I have a post-ban Polytech AK-47 (7.62X39) that I put a pistol grip on using a K-var furniture set (this did require a lot of Dremelling to fit!) and an RSA trigger group for a total of 6 U.S. parts. There is a nut welded over the threads. I am looking for an AK-74 style screw-on muzzlebreak that fill fit this rifle. My plan is to take it to a welder, Dremmel off the nut, screw on the muzzlebreak and weld it with silver solder.

The problem is finding the AK-74 style break with the proper thread for both of these rifles.

Thanks ahead for any info.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 11:59:15 AM EDT
[#1]

As for the Polytech and the pre-ban, www.polytechparts.com has a Chinese made AK74 brake that will fit your 14x1 threads. Dynasystems has a US made copy of the same brake, Global Trades also has them (not sure where theirs are made).
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 2:30:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for the info.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top