Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2003 3:37:16 PM EDT
I sent a rifle out for refinishing (My krebs 74) and the job was done in a timely manner, then the rifle was shipped a few days ago for it's trip back to me.  I've been watching the tracking and everything was normal, with the delivery being scheduled for today.  

I get home from work today expecting it to be waiting for me, but it's not here.  I figure it must have been delayed for some routine thing, but upon checking the tracking I find that it has been "delivered"  with the place listed being Eagan, MN.  

I live in Rosemount MN, so all I can figure it that my most prized possesion is in the hands of some SOB in Eagan.  

What can I do?  I have no idea what to do to fix this!  
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 3:46:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Call UPS immediately ask what address it was delivered too. Also call the refinisher and ask him what address he shipped to. Then call the police and have them recover it or go for a drive your self.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 4:33:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 4:46:39 PM EDT
[#3]
OK, I called UPS and they told me it was delivered to someone in Rosemount, only the wrong person in Rosemount.  It's about 2 miles away, but right now there are 0 cars at the Johnson's household

I feel better knowing where it is, but I can only wonder what they are doing with it!  I'm already pissed at whomever has the package for not calling the phone number that should be printed on the label!  

If they open it, they might freak out and call the police...  

Well, thanks guys, I'll update with any developments should anyone care about this particular peice of Kalashnikov drama.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 6:23:37 PM EDT
[#4]
UPS should reimberse you if it was insured and cannot be recovered. Wouldn't it be odd if the one of the Johnsons was an AK freak and thought they lucked out big time? What would you do in that situation? Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 7:09:10 PM EDT
[#5]
OK, the story just got kinda funny.  

It turns out the place it was delivered to is the local Postnet, the place I had it shipped from originally!  

So it seems that no whacko got my AK, and this AK-freak Johnson can sleep soundly knowing it will be there tommorow.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 7:20:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn bro! Its 10:30 at night now, I just read this and was ready to hop in the truck and go with ya to get you baby back!  Good thing its safe and you can get it tomorrow.  Who did the refinish?

Brick
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 7:42:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Robert Tscheimer of John Norrell Arms is the refinisher.  I got the semi-gloss moly-resin job done, as I was fed up with the original gray-matte finish and it's tendancy to "polish" from even minor handling.  To top it off, it wasn't the best finish for the Ruskie laminate stock set I've got for it.  

That's right, I'm picky enough only on my second AK to have a Krebs gun refinished!

Thanks for the concern.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 11:46:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Sounds like a great weapon, glad to hear it’s OK, but I do think some pics are in order.

Best regard, J
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 3:40:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 4:34:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, I picked it up from the Postnet.   It's a work of art.    

The finish is clearly superior to the original IMO.   It's jet black, and is a dead ringer for the finish I've seen on Bulgarian and Russian rifle parts.  

Campy, I was unhappy with the Krebs finish because it has poor wear characteristics.  Even though I was very carefull with the rifle, even lightly touched surfaces would "polish" leaving isolated glossy areas.   It actually looked a lot like it had blotches of oil on it, only they couldn't be rubbed away.  The color was also a dark grey, so it wasn't close enough to the satin-black of the originals for my tastes.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top