Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/17/2003 1:09:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 2:14:40 PM EDT
[#1]
As a new FALaholic, I recently signed on to FAL files and will soon become a contributing memeber.  I tip my hat to Jen for standing her ground.  After reading this, Tapco will never get any of my business again.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 2:37:52 PM EDT
[#2]
LMAA gunsnet pricks!
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 2:39:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Now it's even more apparent how much gunsnutz.nutz is hated on the internet.....

KF
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 2:56:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Got it, Tapco crossed off the approved buy list for now.  Glad I didn't get time to place that order today.  Please advise if and when they can be returned to the status of reputable vendor.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 3:00:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 4:19:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 4:26:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Gunsnet.net is not allowing links to the falfiles now. LMAO. What a bunch of prepubescent bullshit. More like third graders than men. It is extremely difficult for me to imagine adults acting like this and the entire thing is a black eye to the gun community.

As for TAPCO...
Well, I don't spend tons with them but I spend enough. That is done. Shit, between RGUNS, Joeken, Tapco, soon I won't be able to buy anything anymore. Now even SAWLESALES is starting their bullshit and I had planned on picking up a couple of Colt uppers and some spare parts for Xmas. Who's next? KVAR? WTF????? Perhaps these vendors are getting hit hard by the economic slowdown. They sure all seem to be getting damn irritable for sure. In any event, Buddie taking sides with gunsnet over falfiles is a big, big mistake.
I am loyal to the boards I frequent and their members, within reason of course, and I will continue to be. Hopefully Buddie will pull his head out. We all know beauxhuntress, Ho and the rest will continue on their merry, deluded, personality disordered way. To hell with them. As time goes on they will get what is coming to them. Of that, I have no doubt.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 5:29:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I saw a gleaful post on gun.nuts ;) about how tapco just left falfiles and join up at gun.net.  Though it was in poor taste.  Now I'm sure there a bunch of idiots over there.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 5:59:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Does Bowhunt own any guns? I've never seen him post anything in regards to AKs, or any other type of firearms for that matter.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 6:16:57 PM EDT
[#10]
perhaps we should IM Tapco Tony this thread. Just wonder if they support this site financialy or if they get a free ride.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 6:20:21 PM EDT
[#11]
My C&R went out to Tapco this morning.  I'll call them Monday and tell them to remove it from their files.  Fuck Em!
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 8:15:33 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't own a FAL. Probably never will. But you gotta love a chick who stands hard on principle.

By what mechanism do I get her a small contribution?

Thanks.

SD
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 3:08:41 AM EDT
[#13]
From those without honor (GunsNet) nothing should be surprising.

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 3:12:02 AM EDT
[#14]
I just cancelled a pending order with Tapco, and I spent $2k last year with them (two HUGE FAL orders).  For now, they're dead to me.

take care,
Tec
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 4:18:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 4:48:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 5:38:36 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
and the dotnutz coverup has already begun...

www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?s=a7916bbafcd8114f8c5820b975347414&threadid=137561

Apparently, they've already killed that thread...
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 6:01:01 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
and the dotnutz coverup has already begun...

www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?s=a7916bbafcd8114f8c5820b975347414&threadid=137561

Apparently, they've already killed that thread...

Couldn't even get that far. I'm banned. Oh what a loss.

Where'd these guys learn their business practices? On reruns of Dallas?Prediction. The internet firearms comunity is a small one. It won't be long before this is common knowledge and Gunsnet membership starts drifting away. I give it a year eighteen months tops.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 6:07:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Is ar15.com next???????????
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 6:53:48 AM EDT
[#20]
It appears that they (Tapco) asked for a refund of their annual fee after withdrawling their support.  They then bitched about not receiving the refund. Hell, if you agree to pay an annual fee and then try to cancel half way through the year how can you expect a refund.  I have done a lot of bussiness with them but after seeing how they handeled this I am not sure I will continue to do so.  They would have been better off by not renewing when the terms of their agreement was up and avoiding all the bitching and fighting.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 6:59:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Or this little gem:
www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=135799
From 3rd post-
Editted by BowHunt
Sorry friend but at this time it would not be prudent for us to do this due to the instability of that website and the attitude towards us at this time. The Moderator on this forum is an expert in this field and will be able to help this Guns Network member out as well as many of members here. We try to keep the info on our websites not send it out to other websites if you get my drift. We appreciate your wanting to help this member as best as you know how, lets just try to give him as much help from off this website as we can. I am sure you can agree with me.

If they want to start another site and invite others over to post and sponsor, fine with me. But this crap is dumber than a vendor not sitting on both boards until they see how the new one picks up.

And if you want another example of gunsnet integrity, check out the number of mfg/vendor forums they set up on their boards without anybody from those companies designated to bother to moderate them. Especially on their bustling AR15 site.

And how can they claim to be better FAL  experts without a Dremel forum?
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 7:03:51 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Or this little gem:
www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=135799
From 3rd post-
Editted by BowHunt
Sorry friend but at this time it would not be prudent for us to do this due to the instability of that website and the attitude towards us at this time. The Moderator on this forum is an expert in this field and will be able to help this Guns Network member out as well as many of members here. We try to keep the info on our websites not send it out to other websites if you get my drift. We appreciate your wanting to help this member as best as you know how, lets just try to give him as much help from off this website as we can. I am sure you can agree with me.

Hmmm, maybe we can ban Campy for trying to link to gunsnet.  Anybody up for a polyhedron-table discussion of this issue?
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 7:22:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 7:31:47 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

yeah...the falfiles is 'unstable'?!?!?! guess that makes gunsnutz a full blown case of schizoid paranoia with a side of inferiority complex thrown in for good measure.

never, ever, have i seen the moronic stoopidity of grown men so rampant as that displayed by the lunatics that run that board.

no links to ar15com allowed. no links to falfiles allowed. made up ghost sponsors. no mention of bulletfest allowed. no typing "campybob" allowed.

ol' joe goebels would be proud of the gang that runs that site.

A more pathetic bunch of retards doesn't exist on the 'net. Only ones that even come close are DU.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 8:47:33 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
It appears that they (Tapco) asked for a refund of their annual fee after withdrawling their support.  They then bitched about not receiving the refund. Hell, if you agree to pay an annual fee and then try to cancel half way through the year how can you expect a refund.

Crapco was even given a discount on their advertising since they paid a year in advance. They canceled, so the standard monthly rate applies. They actually owe Jen money now
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 8:55:47 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Does Bowhunt own any guns? I've never seen him post anything in regards to AKs, or any other type of firearms for that matter.  

The bigger question is does HDR actually own a Harley? All the Harley folks I know spend more time on their bikes than any given internet board--even the really old ones!
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 9:18:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 10:24:32 AM EDT
[#28]
I agree Campy, that is a rather strange union they've got goin' on over there. In a group of folks who would like to consider themselves "politically incorrect", much seems to be quite the opposite. Hardcore Veteren + fake SEAL, truly a combo platter of novelty.

I feel cheated, all they did was block my IP. I was hoping for those cute little messages with all of my old posts..."this member has been banned by administrators".

Gotta hand it to you though Campy! Your name is banned, your image is banned (that was funny as hell), even Bulletfest is banned.

Fishing tackle, cigars and now I hear they're even selling books! Gotta pay for that AR forum I guess...
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 10:27:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 10:42:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 10:47:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Campy. Your assumption that they're adults over there is the only flaw in your reasoning.While I appreciate HDR's service to our country, I don't think that not serving makes you any less of a citizen than if you did.

Link Posted: 9/18/2003 11:09:52 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
David Thornton
Guns Network LLC
Owner

master of the universe

Damnit Campy ... get your ass over here and help me clean this Iced Tea you just made me spew all over my screen!
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 11:31:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Golly, I find that Gary's 4/27/03 Cease and Desist Demain letter was better written.

Link Posted: 9/18/2003 1:57:19 PM EDT
[#34]
"running a site" costs can be substantial.(don't ask me how I should know)...yes, support her....

and while I'm at it...why is my avitar a red-x? yet it shows under my "Profile"????/

anybody????????????????
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 2:32:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 6:35:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Man, I was surprized! 8,000 or more members, but only 200 or so contributors to the falfiles. Jesus people! paypal just $1.00 and it will help Jen a lot. I'm going to paypal $5.00 a month after my inital contribution of $10.00. Jen has balls, and I respect her convictions. Plus I really hate gunsdotnutz and would love to see that site fold up and dissappear.
                       OJF
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 7:26:35 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
hmmmm? the eeeevil empire seems to be bent on expanding its' chokehold on internet firearms boards.

only this time, they ran into a woman with integrity and more ballz than they had!

I know I'm going to regret this, but here it goes.

I'm new to the gunboards, but not the net, and I was wondering what caused the animosity between AR15 and Gunsnet? From what I gather some people here were kicked off that board for some reason. Did it have something to do with that guy with a gun shop in a chicken coop?

Who actually runs the board here and who runs the board over there? I saw some pictures over there with some folks with MR. AK himself. Do they run the board?

There is a lot of information over there and some nice guys too. There is a lot of information here and nice guys as well...

I just thought I'd speak up for us newbies around here who don't know the history but like a good story when we hear one.

I used to run a BBS years ago and it was my policy to always be nice to everyone. It paid off. One user decided to bomb the cars of people he didn't like. Mine was exempted. Now considering the fact that people on both boards are aficionados of things that make bang sounds and sometimes explode, I would think being civil would be the order of the day.

I forgot who said it, but I read that "an armed society is a polite society." What caused that not to be the case here?

Sorry, but inquiring minds wanna know....
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 7:47:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Hi Guys! :)

Are we having fun yet? ;)

It's 11,784 Members and 634 are at contributor or better :)  Thanks for the support guys.  I didn't ask for this crap, but I sure as hell am not going to let gunznutz get their way.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 7:58:08 PM EDT
[#39]
I don't even have an FAL, and it's a ways down my list, but I'm dropping a couple bucks over there right now.

As far as canceling orders at Tapco, or not making orders, I'm sure it will go a lot further if people were to contact Tapco (phone, email, whatever) and politely inform them of their reasons for cancellation or refusal to do business with them.

I, like many others, have a few things that I wanted to get from Tapco, but no longer.  I'm firing off an email here right now informing them of the lost sale ($250+) and the reason for it.

It might not do any good, but then again, it can't hurt...
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 10:29:35 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Hi Guys! :)

Are we having fun yet? ;)

It's 11,784 Members and 634 are at contributor or better :)  Thanks for the support guys.  I didn't ask for this crap, but I sure as hell am not going to let gunznutz get their way.

Good for you! I'll be sure and try to send something your way myself if it keeps the 'would-be's' at large. I don't spend much of my web time at FALfiles but the folks I've dealt with there have been fantastic. Quite a few friends from gunznutz are missed and not entirely forgotten. They haven't seen the dollar signs that they don't get any action on. "We'll give you 'Moderator' status, well whoop-te-doo, How about a check from Cabela's? Sportsman's Guide? Bass Pro shops? the cigar yuppies? the book salesman? (what's the name of that book again? oh, nevermind, it's almost a 'sticky' in every forum) and can't go without mentioning fredsanford ?

As time rolls on, expect many refugees. No, they won't be the 'banned' members, they'll be the ones who realized what they were involved with.

Money is the root of most evil, if not all.

In the case of Gunsnet LLC., well...

When you have people begging for the resident troll to post, it's probably pretty easy. It won't be long before they add 'non-contributor' to the status of those who aren't. Might be fun to watch.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 11:00:45 PM EDT
[#41]

I saw some pictures over there with some folks with MR. AK himself. Do they run the board?

The lucky fellows you saw with Mr. AK himself were nothing more than a few of the members of a secret enclave of Kalashnikov worshippers. (Kalashnisnobs as Campy has coined them). A few of whom were temporarily banned from AK.net for simply being a member!
I hear they sacrifice virgin receivers, drink the fluid out of Russian 1p29's, and once even chopped the head off a 5.45mm air pocket round!

The hat was given to them to give to Mr. AK...
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 3:34:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 4:19:46 AM EDT
[#43]
At FALfiles, I'm usually long-winded.  

I am stunned by the sense of community that has arisen between this board and FALfiles, which I call home.

I have emailed the AR15 webmaster for a Paypal address, although money can never fully repay your friendship, for which I am grateful.  

Sincerely,
Victor
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 5:08:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 5:31:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Strangelov,
Campybob gave a good overview of the goingson at GUNNUTZ, and the initial years of the feud. I came on the Gunnutz board in early 2003, and knew nothing about any feud. I was seriously considering using the services of Guccione, the fabled master AK craftsman. Only 1 troubleing question; I kept seeing posts that asked why their Ak was not being returned to them, and the posts kept dissappearing from the BBS, and then the posters themselves were dissappearing from the board(Banned) Then I bought an FAL, and signed up on the falfiles. Lo and Behold, they are talking about gunsnet. and not very nicely. Seems many if not all the posters there were banned from gunsnet for asking critical questions of guccione, like when were they getting their gun back. some had been waiting for 3 years. Many were banned for voiceing criticism of gunsnet. Gunsnet erased posts that were critical of guccione and/or gunsnet, so that the membership would never see the questions being raised. Gunsnet and guccione also contacted other gun boards and asked them to ban members for voiceing critisism of them. Many gun board's complied, to their everlasting shame. The falfiles, to my knowledge, never banned anyone on the request of guccione or gunsnet, and did allow criticism of those 2. That criticism paid off in the closing down of guccione and his scamming of hundreds of victims. I mentioned this to the gunsnet mods, and was immediately banned for a week. When I got back on, I critisied JoeKen(a business that supports gunsnet) for extremely high shipping charges, and was banned again. I was banned 2 more times, and finally banned for life, for similar offence's. The last ban was for saying something to the tune of"guccione and those who helped him are going to jail" I guess DTHOR really got some anal contractions out of that.
                        OJF
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 6:47:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Strangelove- As another sign of the class of gunsnet owners, note the Kalashnikitty t-shirts sold thru a banner on the ak47.net site. They are an unlicensed copy (not licensed by the original artist) of a cartoon kitty that an individual had been selling in small numbers for fun on this board and others. The .net owners have taken his kitty-with-gun design exactly, put it on their shirts and sell it for profit as theirs.

I think I am the only Mod here who is not banned there. I visit a few times a month because there is still some good stuff to be found there. But I have no respect for the top staff over there.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 7:00:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 7:55:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 4:17:03 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
strangelov,

-snip-

I used to run a BBS years ago and it was my policy to always be nice to everyone. It paid off. One user decided to bomb the cars of people he didn't like.

uh...just 'what the hell kind' of bbs did you run? not even dweebthorn is that nutz!

[

CampyBob,

The guy who blew up cars wasn't just on my bbs. He frequented many bbs's. When he came to mine I treated him with respect despite his weird rantings. I forgot the guy's handle but it came out in many of the national papers.

As far as the "polite society" quote is concerned. It refers to individuals not nation states. It's the whole rational behind CCW.. If people carry guns crime goes down... That's why totalitarian states disarm the populace. They will stop the crime and any dissent.. Except in the U.S. Crime has increased and yet they still want to disarm us. That's a plain nonsequitur....

Anyway, thank you all for the kind replies. I know you've probably had these questions asked many times. It's hard for us newbies to really tell who you guys are talking about sometimes because you change the names around so much. I guess if I knew everyone over there and knew the history I could probably figure it out...

It's too bad  that we weapons enthusiasts have to have so much discord considering the effort our enemies are massing against us in the press and congress. Divided we fall you know...

I guess quite a bit has happened and people are people wether they own guns or not...

Thanks for the replies. It makes for interesting reading. Too bad the old threads are gone....
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 4:22:17 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Strangelove,
No flames here, glad you asked though...
Also Mr.Thorton is the same POS that told everyone (the day he was exposed as a fake Navy Seal) that his wife had cancer, and had to leave the boards to take care of her. WHAT A PIECE OF SHIT!, this is how he morphed from DThor to Boyhunter. That place used to be my home, but when it became over run with Hyenias I left.

There's a guy called "Boyhunter"? Wow, that's a giveaway isn't it? Or is that name changed too? Who's "Ho Dung" and the "Hyenas"?

Sorry for the naivete.....I am new here...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top