Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2003 12:23:29 PM EDT
If you are like me there are two things I REALLY hate.  Going to the dentist and loading an AK mag!

Several months back, I picked up a loader for my AR mags that used strippers and a guide and plunger.  It works fantastically and quickly.  I only own 10 30 round mags so even if I load them all before going shooting, I have to use valuable range time reloading them by hand.  I do like the LULA but you still have to load each round individually.  You have to load them onto the strippers with this loader too but I have found that I can load a 1000 rounds on strippers while watching about 40 mins of TV and it is a lot easier on the thumbs.  Anyway, when I got the AR loader the person said that an AK one was in the works and would be out soon.  Yesterday at the show, I finally saw the AK loader and picked one up for $15.  It is the same quality as the AR loader and has the magnet that automatically pulls out the clip after loading.  I tried it out today and it is actually easier to use than the AR one.  Very fast and clean.  I already have about a hundred SKS/AK strippers so I will load a case tonight and have them ready for shooting.  I really recommend this if anyone is looking for a reliable loader to take the strain off the thumb and give you more time to shoot and less time to load.  

Here is the website of the company making this, they don't have the AK loader listed but here is the AR one

www.ncstar.com/Product/20-ACCESSORIES/200001-AARLA.htm

Here is a pic of mine

here is a short video showing how easy it is to use

www.crinamex.com/akloader.wmv

I have never looked at the euro type drums, do they have the same type of follower as the standard mags?  If they do, I might now be tempted to buy one of these.  I have not wanted to before because of the top loading requirement.  Anyone?

Link Posted: 9/1/2003 1:16:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 2:27:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I' got the cammenga loader and it really saves the thumbs but i'll probably pick up a Lula as well...I love toys.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top