Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2003 1:48:11 PM EDT
I have a Tennessee Guns Sar-2 with muzzle break and East German furniture with accessories. I have about 10 mags and ammo, plus some pouches. What would be a good asking price for this?? Thanks  
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 2:17:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Boy, did you ask for it!
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 2:41:23 PM EDT
[#2]
this is a test for bold

Quoted:
Boy, did you ask for it!

Have faith DR.  Not all are used car salesmen.

Cyclone,  How many rounds have you put down the pipe?  How much ammo and what kind of mags are you selling with the rifle.  What year production?  Does it have canted sights.

If the rifle is in very good condition with all the goodies included you should get $350 to $400 pretty easy.  If you have 10 Bulgy waffle mags you may be able to get a little more.

If I were you I would hang on to it.

Link Posted: 8/20/2003 3:05:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I have this here flyer for a rare Romanian single stack AK... They can be had for like $200 NEW!  So I'll give ya $50 for your used one... Hell I can get a new Full Auto in Liberia for a loaf of bread and $20!  What do you say?
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 3:56:55 PM EDT
[#4]
It's never been fired. I have 10 East German mags, mag pouches, stripper clips, and one case of ammo. It is practically brand new, no issues with canted sights.........This is one of those that had a brake added to it as sold by Tennessee Guns. I am thinking of selling it at the moment. Nothing definite...........Just inquiring what a fair asking price would be.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 5:15:02 PM EDT
[#5]
New, never fired it should be worth about what it cost. From memory I think they were something like $400-425 with the E.German plastic and US made brake. The mags can be had for as little as $5 each so no big mark-up there. Got any pics? The pics in SGN didn't do much for 'em (too dark, b&w). The brakes appeared to be US copies of the Chinese aftermarket style from what I recall...

Curious, is the rifle marked CUR2 or MKII?
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 6:14:02 PM EDT
[#6]
It has Romarm/Cugir on one side and Romak 992 on the other....It's also a 1999 model. I will probably just keep it and try to scrounge a front sight base somewhere and a brake and add some wood or Kvar plum furniture. I was gonna sell it and get an Sar-1, but I may just save up for that to go with my Gordon Tech SLH-100 and SAR-3.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 7:08:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 7:28:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Campy, mew SAR's are worth more than $270!! They're the "cat's meow" hehe. (that was sick, I know.)
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 10:03:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Check this link out Hozer: aimsurplus.com

Though if Cyclone waits until these go out of stock, he could probably fetch a little more cash for his rig.  I would probably pay $375 for it.

BTW, can we get pics?
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 1:37:23 PM EDT
[#10]
4 loaves of bread and a goat............hmm, you guys drive a hard bargain. I think I may keep it and build one of these infamous "Campy" clones I have read about while lurking on the AK site and here. Don't really have the tecnology yet for a picture, but if I do get a sight base and brake and the furniture, I may let the East German furniture ride..........so anyone who is interested in that can have dibs.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 2:10:52 PM EDT
[#11]
You can't go wrong with a campyclone... my first 5.45 AK was patterned on that famous rifle.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 2:59:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Hiram Ranger,
    Yeah, ever since the old days when I lurked at the AK site and read the tales of Mustapha and Tent 54, I have liked the campy clones. Too bad the front sight bases are so hard to come by lately. It's a good rifle, and ammo issues aside, I didn't pay that much for it. I am running out of room for toys as it is    
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 3:28:49 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm going to commit heresy here... I ummm cheated and used a set screw break from AA-OK... drilled the barrel for set screw anchors and loctited it... held through hundreds of rounds and I sold it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 5:04:28 PM EDT
[#14]
How were the set screw brakes?? I have thought of an adapter mated to a regular front sight base and use a regular brake..........still deciding....Kvar needs to get with it and get more sight bases
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top