Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2003 11:42:11 PM EDT

I’m pretty new to the AK world and got to pick up my first VEPR K at a fun show today.

Boy that sucker was heavy…

It appeared to have a stamped receiver, why is it so heavy?

And, would some of you mind commenting on the quality, accuracy etc. of these weapons?

Thanks.

Best regards, J
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 3:59:40 AM EDT
[#1]
First off, nice buy!

The receiver is stamped, but it is a copy of the RPK receiver which is thicker. More info at the Robarm website here.

VEPRs are of superb quality and they have excellent accuracy. Higher accuracy than most other AKs that is.

Have fun with your new toy!
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 5:38:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Good buy 8541.  The reason that the VEPR is heavier than the standard stamped AK is because it's made on a stamped RPK (squad auto version) receiver and has a heavy barrel.

The VEPR K is quite manageable and balances much better than the standard VEPR with the 20" barrel, which is nose heavy due to the longer heavy barrel.

The quality of the VEPRs is second to none!

Link Posted: 8/18/2003 7:23:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 8:16:25 AM EDT
[#4]
See the Red Star Arms homepage for the AK accuracy report. They used one for hi-power league last year.
While I have only seen pics, Krebs Custom has a nice front handguard that looks to dump far more heat for us blasters.
It's on my short list....
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 10:18:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow, thanks for all the responses. Gotta clarify something though, I didn’t buy the weapon. I only picked it up as in handle, fondle it, and check it out. Besides, I’d never do something like that with out checking with ya’ll first. I’m just real curious about it; it seemed like one real solid piece of equipment. Thanks again.

Best regards, J

Also, any thoughts on the VEPR KTR, neat looking rifle.

Link Posted: 8/18/2003 10:46:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I've got a K in each caliber and I love those heavy little suckers. The KRT is a bit pricey for my taste. I could have almost 2 more K models for that. (This gun habit is like a disease, hehe.)
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 4:36:29 PM EDT
[#7]
the vepr k is a fine weapon.  and an asset to anyone's gun collection, but....

im holding out for one of these bad boys!

Link Posted: 8/21/2003 9:37:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
the vepr k is a fine weapon.  and an asset to anyone's gun collection, but....

im holding out for one of these bad boys!

www.fototime.com/{FF74FF90-4DCE-4DC1-93FF-A233160E57FB}/picture.JPG

I have one of these bad boys on order. I`m trying to be patient.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 4:41:07 AM EDT
[#9]
YOU SUCK!!

lets us know how she runs for you.  and how long it takes for you to get it.  i hear they have a vicious wait time.  i have a few builds going on at once right now but when im done with them(probably next year) the ktr-03 is next.

am i the only one that has a "gun buy list" that will keep me busy until i die?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top