BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2003 4:04:24 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 4:13:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe you should ask him where he keeps his cleaning rod....

Underfolder receiver MAK90 anyone?  
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 4:13:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought all of those prebans with under folders also came with bayonet lugs ? I'll be that things stamped mac90 on the receiver.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 4:20:37 PM EDT
[#3]
For starters, $1,000 for an AK when I can get one just as nice for half...............

Someone also might want to tell him the bayonet fell off.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 5:23:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 9:07:05 PM EDT
[#5]
you know I've been reading these post about guys finding illegal pre-bans on auction sites....why does it surprise you guys that it goes on? it's not like anything new.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 9:33:33 PM EDT
[#6]
It's not a surprise, it's just fun to make fun of them.  You must have missed the point there man.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 3:04:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 6:28:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Perfectly legal.

In Somalia.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 10:59:32 AM EDT
[#9]
LMAO
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 2:36:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Note the blued bolt carrier, never to be seen on a factory chinese AK.

Also note the flash hider and what appears to be the spring-loaded plunger sticking out from the front site. Probably got a threaded barrel as well.

Looks like someone did a good job ( abeit a little illegal ) assembling the folder with the correct chinese parts, installing the spring-loaded plunger, maybe a new front site base & threading the barrel, correct chinese furniture, and refinishing the gun to boot.

I've seen underfolders built on those folding stock MAK-90 recievers around here at gun shows, though not as nice-looking as that one.
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 7:47:34 AM EDT
[#11]
a friend of mine who is also a FFL holder, bought a MAK90 a few month ago, and it had the holes for a underfolder, but it was plugged up, it was a post one, had MAK 90 stamped on it. no bayo lug, can't remember if it had a threaded barrel or not. it did have a thumbhole stock. he sold it to another "dealer" (non-FFL one) at a gunshow on saturday......come sunday, it turned in a "preban" complete with under folder, pistol grip....but no bayo lug.

he "justified" the illegal transformation to...."it was caught up between the time the ban was voted on and when it became law.....so therefore it is perfectly OK to put a pistol grip and folding stock on it".......whatever dude, and I bet some chump bought his story, and the gun.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top