Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2003 2:26:20 PM EDT
I was in a local pawn shop today and he had a Norinco Mak90. Nice wood. Seemed in pretty good shape. I don't know anything about AK's other than I've been on this site reading for the last week. I've never fired one but have suddenly had a hankering for a battle rifle (been into handguns all my life).
He had $399 on the price and would take $350 cash. Comes with two 30 rd mags.
I didn't know what to look for really and all I noticed was it had Greensboro, NC stamped on it and made in China.
What other info should I look for to determine if this is a good deal or not? I can go back tomorrow and get any other info I need.
Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 3:03:37 PM EDT
[#1]
If it seems to be in good shape then $350 is not a bad price.  Mak 90s generally shoot just fine.  Be warned they are alot more fun than pistols and you will be buying more and posting more here.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 3:19:58 PM EDT
[#2]
The MAK-90 is a pretty good AK.  I really like mine even though it is pretty well worn.  $350 in good shape is a decent price now-a-days.

Mags are cheap, ammo is cheaper.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top