Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 2:36:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope, I've bought several used aimpoints on the board in the $150-$200 range...  What kind of warranty do these carry?  Aimpoint offers a 10 year, and I know they cover sights where you are not the original owner.  Ask Aimless he bought one used and it had a problem.  They told him to ship it back to Sweden since they likely couldn't fix it here and they would take care of him.  Somehow I doubt you get that kind of service, and while $150 is not the $300-$350 of a new Aimpoint, it is still not inexpensive enough where I would try it over a $200 used Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 2:37:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I hear they suck.  i cant remember who told me. clean cut maybe? i dont recall
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 4:01:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 4:13:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yup I bought an used aimpoint off the board that was not working properly. Technically it was not under warranty because of its age and because I was not the original purchaser. I offered to pay to have it fixed and Aimpoint just told me to mail it to them and that it might take 4-6 weeks to fix it because they thought from the sounds of the problem it had to back to Sweden.

That's right... cus ole' Hiram was looking out for you and told you Aimpoint was the shizznit and wouldn't leave you hanging.

Go Aimpoint, or go home... disappointed.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top