Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2003 11:16:47 AM EDT
I always hear a lot about the Red Star Arms triggers and they sound great.  Is there any advantage to getting one of those over just picking one up from Tapco?  I want a decent trigger to get rid of the annoying "trigger slap" that I have now but it really doesn't have to be too fancy.  Will the less expensive Tapco ones work for me?

Thanks,

2wP
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 11:04:54 PM EDT
[#1]
You can save $30 and buy a Gorden Tech trigger set. Not adjustable but very nice and smooth. I love the one I have in my Hungarian.

Tapco sells the G-Tech with double hook only(40+8ship) right now, for the same price shipped www.gordontechnologies.com sells both single and double hook(49 shipped).
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 4:09:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Replacing the trigger may not aleviate your trigger slap problem,I've found the casting marks on the disconnector to be the main problem in most cases.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 5:35:30 AM EDT
[#3]
You should replace the entire trigger group.  I tied playing with parts fron different groups and had rifles bump fire every time, and one that would go full auto for about 20 rounds.

The RSA is a much better trigger group, but the Gordon Tech will do you fine if you just plan to shoot from the hip and whatch the dirt fly.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 9:18:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I went with a GORDON TECHNOLOGY double hook trigger group on my 74 build..... and it's a lot smoother trigger pull. you will have to cut another 'slot" in the receiver if you go with a double trigger, but I believe it's worth it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 8:14:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
you will have to cut another 'slot" in the receiver if you go with a double trigger, but I believe it's worth it.

Really?  It says in the add that they "drop" right in.  Seems wierd that you should have to cut anything from your recvr.  I'll have to aske them (Tapco) about that.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 9:45:41 AM EDT
[#6]
If you are not concerned with US made parts ( being you seem to be still using the factory set ) you can try one of the many foreign surplus FCG's that are available. East German, Chinese, and Bulgarian double hook are my favorites. ( you would have to notch your reciever for the Chinese or Bulgarian double hook )

some foreign made FCG's:
www.aa-ok.com/AK_Fire_Control_Parts/AK_Fire_Control_Parts.htm

I've seen a East German AKM FCG drop in a maadi before with no problems.
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 10:19:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Really?  It says in the add that they "drop" right in.  Seems wierd that you should have to cut anything from your recvr.  I'll have to aske them (Tapco) about that.

those are the GORDON single hook triggers, that drop in......which all the european AKM receivers, and US AKM ones are cut for.

GORDON also makes the double hook triggers....but in order to install those you have to cut a slot out on the bottom of the receiver. the only AKs that I know of, that are already cut for the double hook trigger receivers are the chinese one, the MAK90s have those type of  triggers.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 5:46:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Spend the extra money and get the RSA FCG. I have both and there is no comparison IMO.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 4:13:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Why are you guys cutting into your receivers? Just cut the left hook off of the trigger, and be done with it.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top