Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2003 11:48:50 AM EDT
I'm pretty happy with it.  I picked through 5 that my local gun shop ordered.  I made sure the front sight and gas tube were'nt canted.  Its the laminated stock version that all the big suppliers have right now.  I dont think theres any finish on the laminate, (other than cosmo) does it need one?

Its tucked away in my truck till I get off work.  I think I'll order a tuna fish can of the 7.62 tonight.

Well I guess its time to let the accessory sickness begin.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 1:39:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Starting with an opener for that darned can. Maybe you want a cardboard case or wood crate.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 8:40:49 AM EDT
[#2]
May I ask what you paid for it? There is a big gun show this weekend and I'm looking to get a SAR-1, myself. I have seen a few around here in the local gun shops (really awful looking POS) going for $350...used!
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 9:02:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 9:11:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I paid $300 even for the rifle, 5 round mag, 30 round mag, 3- 40 round mags, BHO flag, cleaning/tool kit, sling and a box of 7.62.

I got a damn good deal but my local shop always treats me good since I keep him in business.  

Is there someone with better than usual prices or should I just order the ammo from aim like I usually do?
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 9:15:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
 I dont think theres any finish on the laminate, (other than cosmo) does it need one?

Look here to see what I did to my laminate stocks.
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=79&t=57080

Congrats on the new gun, I just picked mine up a couple of weeks ago.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 9:29:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I paid $300 even for the rifle, 5 round mag, 30 round mag, 3- 40 round mags, BHO flag, cleaning/tool kit, sling and a box of 7.62.

Thanks...That's a great deal. Enjoy!
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 10:13:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Dredd that finish looks incredible.  I'm not usually into wood on guns but now I have a hard on for some deep cherry wood furniture.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 10:45:31 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Dredd that finish looks incredible.  I'm not usually into wood on guns but now I have a hard on for some deep cherry wood furniture.

Those are the same laminate you have.

I just used Minwax Sedona Red #222 stain, and some Minwax spray satin polyurethane.

It was not hard to do. Give it a try.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top