Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/20/2003 1:26:58 PM EDT
I've got a SSR-85C that's about 4 years old.  It was built on a FEG rcvr with Polish parts.  I was wondering are these rifles better than the current crop of rifles Global is putting out?  The rifle looks great, shoots straight, and has been 100% reliable.  It seems Global is having some problems with their rifles that use Chi-com parts, but are they having the same problems with their other guns.  I really want a SSR-74-2 whenever they come out, but Global's reputation as of late has me questioning whether or not purchasing a new rifle from them would be a wise move.  Thanks for any input.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 1:39:21 PM EDT
[#1]
From my understanding from Bung, GT made some without FEG rcvrs during a shortage.

Current runs have been again FEG rcvrs and the polish bbl.

I just bought a used 85C this week. I have not shot it. I knew the original owner and he had taken good care of the rifle and shot a deer with it. I trust his opinion that the rifle is true.

I am more than happy with the one I own, which I bought new a year ago. It was surprisingly accurate.

There was a post where Campy's friend (forget the board name) just bought a 85B and the barrel was misaligned/inserted into the rcvr.

I think at this point if you are interested in any GT rifle to inspect it throughly before purchase. Be especially aware of the front site post and the barrel fitting.

Link Posted: 7/20/2003 2:24:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 2:30:12 PM EDT
[#3]
my bad on the mis-info, thanks Campy.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top