Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2003 6:40:09 PM EDT
I finally picked up an SAR 1, and I can't believe I spent my hard earned money, on such a piece of crap. The front sight is so severely canted, I can not believe I didn't notice this problem before I bought the gun. I have been trying to correct the problem on my own, and things haven't turned out as expected. The front sight is now off of the rifle. How hard is it to replace the entire barrel assembly? I think I'll be better off if I replace it with one off of a quality parts kit. What should I do? Please help. ( I should of put the money towards another AR.)
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 6:46:50 PM EDT
[#1]
On order to put the sight back on, I think all you need to do is put the front sight on the barrel, line it up the way it should be, use the pin holes in the front sight base as a guide to drill new detents in the barrel, and bang in some oversize new pins.

CampyBob should have some ideas if that won't work.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 6:51:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 7:18:35 PM EDT
[#3]
No offense, but you should of looked the rifle over carefully before you slapped the money down on it. Thats your fault.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 5:29:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Its an easy fix, don't fret it. If you need some oversize pins, IM me your address and I'll send you a few.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 5:01:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought I looked over my MISR-90 reeal good at the gunshop before I bought it, but when I got it to the range, I found out it was crooked. The front sight windage adjustment was even marked that way!LOL

I used the same techniques for my MISR-90 as you would for the SAR, worked great.

I lined it up by stripping the weapon down and setting the mag well on a table and using a small square to check the straightness of the front sight. Good luck.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top