Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2003 5:55:26 PM EDT
I've had an SSR-56 from Global Trades for a few weeks now and really do like the rifle but tonight I noticed that the rear sight sits a little slanted to the right.  It's not a huge cant but it's there if you look.  Will this affect the accuracy?  When I adjust it for different distances will it have any affect on where the gun is shooting?  Should I send it back to have Global fix it?  My guess is the gas block is probably not on 100% sqare and that's what's making the sight cant.  Any help would be appreciated.  I will be taking it out again soon to combat sight it and then will test from there I guess.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:18:49 PM EDT
[#1]
those are like what, 600 dollar guns? I would send it back if the rear sight block is canted. for that much money everything on them should be perfect.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 7:17:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't get me statred about Global. Not a fan at all.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 3:57:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 5:57:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I called Global this morning and talked to Jimmy.  He said that the sight block is a little higher on the left side than it is on the right.  He said that they would just file away the excess material on the left side to even it up and refinish it to match.  Does this sound right to you guys.  Will that throw the distance settings off.  I can't imagine it would by much considering the cant I'm talking about is only about 1/2 degree.  Thanks for your help once again guys.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:07:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Howdy.

I've had very good success with Global and with Jimmy.  I've found them to be very honest and forthright, especially when they make a mistake in production.  Jimmy gives me the impression that they really, truly want to fix problems that come up and I'm sure if you ship the weapon to them they will make it right for you.  

I own an SSR85B and absolutely love it.  They made some new rear sights for these models and found the original replacement sights faulty; they fixed the problem and told everyone that purchased the original replacement sights to return them for a new improved model.  Car manufacturers could learn a lesson here.

Best of luck

Mike Sigman
[email protected]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top