Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:04:00 PM EDT
[#1]
He's from Ohio too, commander Obe916. You should go Panzer his ass for trying to emulate you.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 1:38:22 AM EDT
[#2]
LMAO!

Welcome back, how did the fishing trip go?
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 2:38:25 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
LMAO!

Welcome back, how did the fishing trip go?

Fishing with chainsaws? This I've got to hear!
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 5:02:33 AM EDT
[#4]
he bought 2 CASES for testing groups LOL!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 8:32:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Fishing trip went OK. I fished with my dad and three other people in Venice, Louisiana. It's at the very tip of the Mississippi River Delta, so for all practical purposes we were on the Gulf Coast. Between the 5 of us, we boated a limit of 5 Redfish per person Thursday and then some (~30) total. It was fun, and the filets one of my friends made later that night were super! There's nothing better than fresh fish drenched in butter.

Friday wasn't as good, and I got back home last night. We got rained out that day, which sucks because we were going to go fish oil rigs dammit. There's tonnes of jacks, spanish mackeral, bonita, etc. around those rigs less than 2-5 miles off the coast. I was looking forward to testing my light tackle and angling skills.

I'll go again this Christmas to do duck hunting and redfishing. Christmas time is also known as the "midnight lump" near the Mississippi Delta. This is when the water levels are REALLY low, and it makes it much easier to catch huge yellowfin tuna offshore. I'm going to have to book a trip for that this Christmas time.

I didn't use a chainsaw to fish, just my Abu Garcia Pro Max 2 reel I bought when I was 13. HOWEVER, after we caught the fish, the real prole pimping began, with the filet knife and grill.

Oh, one more thing. I wish I had a picture, but someone brought in a 1152 lb Bluefin Tuna last week to the docks of Venice, Louisiana. They caught it around the oil rigs offshore (~15 miles +). It took them 5 hours to bring the fish in and then 7 hours to tow the damn fish back to dock. I bet that fish was 1200 lbs + before it died though.

Edited to add: I'll post pictures soon.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 9:24:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 3:49:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Fishing trip went OK. I fished with my dad and three other people in Venice, Louisiana. It's at the very tip of the Mississippi River Delta, so for all practical purposes we were on the Gulf Coast. Between the 5 of us, we boated a limit of 5 Redfish per person Thursday and then some (~30) total. It was fun, and the filets one of my friends made later that night were super! There's nothing better than fresh fish drenched in butter.

Friday wasn't as good, and I got back home last night. We got rained out that day, which sucks because we were going to go fish oil rigs dammit. There's tonnes of jacks, spanish mackeral, bonita, etc. around those rigs less than 2-5 miles off the coast. I was looking forward to testing my light tackle and angling skills.

I'll go again this Christmas to do duck hunting and redfishing. Christmas time is also known as the "midnight lump" near the Mississippi Delta. This is when the water levels are REALLY low, and it makes it much easier to catch huge yellowfin tuna offshore. I'm going to have to book a trip for that this Christmas time.

I didn't use a chainsaw to fish, just my Abu Garcia Pro Max 2 reel I bought when I was 13. HOWEVER, after we caught the fish, the real prole pimping began, with the filet knife and grill.

Oh, one more thing. I wish I had a picture, but someone brought in a 1152 lb Bluefin Tuna last week to the docks of Venice, Louisiana. They caught it around the oil rigs offshore (~15 miles +). It took them 5 hours to bring the fish in and then 7 hours to tow the damn fish back to dock. I bet that fish was 1200 lbs + before it died though.

Edited to add: I'll post pictures soon.

I cought a blue gill once.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top