Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2003 12:15:59 PM EDT
Friend is buying an AK47, we found a preban egyptian AK with wood stocks including 1 mag, for 550 bucks. Its used, mild wear, nothing serious. No nicks or scratches or anything. Whats this thing really worth? He wanted an SAR, but if their is anything special about this egyptian AK, we'd like to know. Supposedly we can put on folding stocks?

Thanks guys

Alex
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 12:48:38 PM EDT
[#1]
If it says imorted by Styer, its preban.  If not, its post ban and no folding stocks or bayonets.  Thats a damn good price if its a Styer gun.

Brick
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 12:59:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Egyptian preban AK's imported by Styer usually run around $1200.  $550 is a great price.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:03:27 PM EDT
[#3]
From what I remember, the receiver had Paris, KY stamped on it...is the shop lying through its teeth? The receiver is definitely not Styer. Where should I look for those markings?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:25:11 PM EDT
[#4]
PARS Int.

Most assuredly post-ban.

He's lying thru his teeth!
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:26:20 PM EDT
[#5]
So whats it worth? Say...350 max? its obviously used.

Thanks for all your replies guys!

Alex
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:26:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 2:21:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
is the shop lying through its teeth?

That shop isn't in the Tri-Cities is it?

ED
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 2:45:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Nope...Wades gunshop in Bellevue. The freaking idiot guy behind the counter, the same one who told me hitting the slide release instead of pulling back the slide and riding it back to slowly chamber a round is bad for the pistol, told my friend that it WAS a preban, even though it said PARS Int on the receiver (thanks Heavy Metal, Brick, RotDorn and Banana for clearing that up) and that he was going to sell it as such. He then told my friend that he thought I was an idiot, and him, being a gun store salesman, knew more than me. Im going to have a little chat with his supervisor/store manager tommorow.

Sheesh!!

Thanks again for your help guys...looks like its going to be an SAR1 for my friend!
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 5:01:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I had the same ordeal with an Maddi, the only thing is I bought it...called the guy on the phone and he did'nt know a thing about it, said he did'nt even know anything about the AW BAN.....Do fake preban Maddi cause a rare condition called "Dick Head Liaridese"?

Just to note I drove an hour back to the store, and almost wound up in a fight with the dealer....Good thing a customer came in cause it would have probabbly got bloady after awhile longer....I got my money back..

I know now that reaserch is better than jumping the gun on buying something..
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 5:37:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:20:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Check the shotgun news Dravisar. Last I saw, there were some dealers who had double stack Maadi MISRs for $249 (plus what ever your FFL will charge to get it to you). May be higher now, this was about eight months ago.
I once had a guy at a gun show here in KC try to sell me a Maadi for $550. I happened to be carrying a Shotgun news with me and showed him the exact add I just spoke of.
He says "So order it from them wiseass, 'cause this one costs FIVE-[BLEEPING]-FIFTY!"
I laughed and said "Ya got screwed on it so your passing on the screwing, huh?" and walked on my way.
So...now that you guys let us in on that Styer thing, I suppose the guy may have been right. Oh well.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 12:55:33 AM EDT
[#12]
A used Maadi for $550?  Its not worth $250.  Buy a new SAR for $275.  The SAR is a better deal because it has a scope rail on the side, plus its European.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top