Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2003 8:56:30 PM EDT
I was wondering if this is something a guy could do on his own? And I figure this is legal to do? I do not like SKS mags. THANKS!
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:02:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I know this isnt the answer to your question.

But back around 1994 I shot a Chinese carbine SKS that took AK mags and drums. It was really sweet! So if you do find out a way, you will like it for sure! Also, please let me know if you find out where and how to do this
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:50:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I asked the same question awhile back.  I was looking for a dropin type conversion or some plans for a home project.  The consesus here was someone used to do it.  It would require some modification to the bolt.  And it would be easier to buy an SKS D model like M4 aiming at U was talking about.  Actually there's one for sale in the EE.

I'll keep looking for some plans as I have currently finished all of my 'projects' and I'm getting bored.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 11:04:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I know this isnt the answer to your question.

But back around 1994 I shot a Chinese carbine SKS that took AK mags and drums. It was really sweet! So if you do find out a way, you will like it for sure! Also, please let me know if you find out where and how to do this

I bought one of those carbines in 1995 right when I turned 18.  It was a chinese paratropper sks.  Had to sell if when I went off to college.  

Its better to spend the extra $150 and get an AK.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 11:37:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I have seen a few of these SKS's that took std AK mags. The ones I held would not take a drum without some extensive stock mods, but the 20/30/40 rnds mags all worked fine.  There was also a bolt carrier mod to allow for locking the bolt open manually.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 5:47:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I sold mine to buy a SLR-95.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:36:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Bummer, I was hoping there was an easy mod you could do. I suppose if I could find an SKS that was modifed I could fabricate something. But...my SKS funs perfectly so I should probably not mess with it. THANKS
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top