Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2003 7:13:03 PM EDT
my buddy has an sar-1 with his second rsa trigger.The first one the disconnector just sheared off. They were cool and totally replaced it quickly.However we went to the range today(indoor-no rapid fire)and shot the sar-1 with the new rsa trigger.Well it double tapped twice when my friend shot it, I thought he was just shooting too agressive.So he let me shoot it, the first mag went smooth it shot real nice.Popped in the second mag and was half way through it then braaaaaapppp! the damn thing went f/a 5 shots+ until I let go, otherwise I could of cleared the whole mag. Scared the livimg shit out of me! We took the whole fcg out, no visible damage. The staff at the range were a little razzled and demanded to see the internals and we explained what happened and they were appalled.RSA is a great company I NEVER ever heard this happen to anyone on the boards.I just wanted to give everybody heads up because that could of turned into a pretty deadly situation for newbie or someone who has little expirence with semiauto's.Just so you no Im not bashing RSA I think they make awesome products, hell not every ferrari that rolls off the line is gone to perfect, but this is an expirence that you must all be aware of.      thank you
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:01:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:38:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:43:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Hmm ,the broken disconnector is understandable,
defective parts happen.
But I call BS on the full auto deal.

NO way in hell can an UNMODIFIED semi fcg ,in
an UNMODIFIED semi AK do that .

What did he do , adjust the trigger for a
1 pound pull?
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:53:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:23:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I believe this.  I had set my trigger too light in my MAK 90 and it would shoot three shots per trigger pull.  After killing my target stand, I tightened it up a bit.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:02:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:13:01 PM EDT
[#7]
thanks guys I appriciate the info. Special thanks to KenR RedStarArms, you guys have the best customer service on earth!I hope 223spree has better luck this time,because I got 2 ak's that desprately need new usa fcg!
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:14:39 PM EDT
[#8]
thanks guys I appriciate the info. Special thanks to KenR RedStarArms, you guys have the best customer service on earth!I hope 223spree has better luck this time,because I got 2 ak's that desprately need new usa fcg!
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:30:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:40:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:44:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
223 spree I will send you a free fcg today no questions asked or Yes you can send the rifle to me and I will replace the fcg free and set it any way you want it. As you said S**t happens. We stand behind everything we make and I truly want our people to be happy, I am a old shooter myself and I know what is like to have trouble on the line and in competition. Customers are not trouble to me, they are why we exist. Send me a e-mail and let me know what I can do to help you.

Ken Roberts
President RSA

Just when you think it doesn't get anybetter then that, they go and throw in a a FREE retainer plate.

Ken, I'll be purchasing one of your world class FCG's and a retainer plate for my SAR 2 for Fathers Day.  You guys are a class act for sure!
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:40:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Thats just too awesome... It's nice to see someone actually stand behind their product like that.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:04:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I hope mine get here on Monday.  ohhh..  I can't wait.   I got my weiger mags yesterday.  now for the fcg.  ooohhh  man...   I'm jones'n now.

The Pig.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:14:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Wow I didn`t know if you had got it yet let alone finished the job thanks.Can`t wait to get it back.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 12:44:24 PM EDT
[#15]
thanks for do business Ken!!!!!
john
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:17:29 PM EDT
[#16]
WOW that is way cool customer service....I wish every one in the industry was like that...

P.S.  All you guy complaining about your FCG having that problem i got one thing to say....Just admit it you know you had fun with it while it lasted...But nobody wants to goto jail..
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:14:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Oh but the real question is: did he send your old sheppards hook back?

I smell a sheppards hook scam...
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 3:24:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:07:45 AM EDT
[#19]
hahahhaha campy that is some funny shit. hahahahha.what did the gooch lose some parts or where they TAKEN? HAHA.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top