Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2003 5:11:11 PM EDT
I have a 992 Romak that has been converted. How tough is it to install a new feed ramp? It fires but jams on ocassion with the original set up. I remember some info on this with the Saigas. I think they were using pipe cut in half. What is the best way to install, rivets? CB
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 6:02:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Did one of those last year.  I don't recollect having to install a ramp.  I think there was enough meat there to simply grind the face down to make a ramp.  Can't remember.  Best to run this question on the Build it yourself forum.  I'm sure it will get a hit, or do a search. That info is here somewhere.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:27:00 PM EDT
[#2]
MG, Thanks. I went to kvar site and looked at their feed ramps. The one they show for 5.45 looks like what I already have. It has one notch and its right in the center. I would think it needs a slant on each side as the mag feeds left and right. I think most of my problem is that the rails were almost dry. I oiled it and its alot smoother. I was also using hollow point ammo. I think some AKs have a problem with HPs. CB
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 11:23:37 AM EDT
[#3]
you do need a feed ramp (called a bullet guide by some).  Half a 1" pipe cut in half or so or the ramp from some cut up AK kit will work... The Saiga mags have the feed ramps built into them and regular AK mags don't... thus the need for the modification.  Also, you'll need to trim the mag catch about 1/16"

Link Posted: 5/11/2003 12:26:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:28:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Campy. I am starting a new thread on the troubleshooting forum. CB
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top