Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2003 10:59:20 PM EDT
Im new to AK's, any recommendations

I have some AR's a Fal and some other crap,  but I need an AK or variant.

I don't know anything about them at all, I like the SAR2 look with the Bakelite mags, But I really cant pick the good one out of a lineup.

Any Ideas for a first AK/SAR?
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 11:06:30 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have some AR's a Fal and some other crap,  but I need an AK or variant.

Hi-Point 9mm!! Get one with the stainless finish and red dot sight!! (same gun, justs costs more...)

They only come with 10 round mags, but if AR's and FAL's are crap, no "crap" collection would be complete without a "Planet of the Apes" carbine!
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:01:10 AM EDT
[#2]
ya a The Planet of the Apes gun is interesting, I was actually looking for an AK.

I didnt mean the ARS n FAL were crap...
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:48:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:10:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Hand pick a SAR2. Look for straight sights and gas block, side rail scope mount parallel to the bore/receiver when viewed from the left side, feel for no major hitches in the action. Buy a pile of mags and ammo and enjoy. SAR QC is much better than 3 years ago, but I still say hand pick.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:09:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I went with the SAR-1 myself (7.62 x 39) as a first AK.  I'm now in the process of accumulating parts, etc. for a Bulgarian AK-74 (5.45 x 39) build.

If you go the Romanian AK route, check out this outstanding site:

www.nothingbutguns.com/linx310/
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 2:41:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Either the Sar-1 or Sar-2 make a great first AK.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top