Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2002 11:40:24 AM EDT
Well finally got my new Krink from Ohio Rapid Fire, problem lining up an FFL on my end.

5.45x39 Bulgarian parts kit, OOW receiver, Arsenal FCG and pistol grip, permanently affixed can and pinned skeleton stock.

Link Posted: 12/30/2002 11:43:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow, thats a beauty.  I wish I can afford one.
I wish it is legal in state of Kalifornia.  Congrats to your new purchase.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 11:43:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Some questions <druel>

How much?

Pre-assembeled or ???

How long did it take?

How's it shoot?

Thats the only firearm that'll keep me from an SW when I get back.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 11:50:14 AM EDT
[#3]
www.ohiorapidfire.com

I paid $775 shipped.  It was already assembled, found it on the EE.  My only confusion is ORF's website said all their rifles come with a hard case, mag, three point sling and a 1 year warranty.  It arrived with no hard case and no sling.  I've been speaking with Mike Cox at ORF and he seems like a great guy.  I fired off an email to him and I'm sure he will straighten that out.

They have some great looking FALs and HKs on their website as well as a whole line of AKs.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 11:53:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I really like that HK RF94.
Damn Kaliban is preventing me
from buying one.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 12:00:39 PM EDT
[#5]
HR,  That is one fine looking rifle.  The finish looks great.  

You must let us know how it handles.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 12:04:18 PM EDT
[#6]
SOLD.

If you talk to him anytime soon tell him to have one ready for me in, uh, fourteen weeks, fourty-eight hours :)

Assuming I dont go Pvt Pyle at Basic...
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 2:36:00 PM EDT
[#7]
such a beauty.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 4:50:42 PM EDT
[#8]
hiram,

the prices at ohiorapidfire.com seem very reasonable!  

please let me know how your weapon performs, and how their customer service is.  i'm in the market for some weapons, but have never heard of ohiorapidfire.  

thanks,
aaron

Link Posted: 12/30/2002 5:08:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Fowler...

Before I bought this I asked Rot and Campy what they thought of them.  They said a pretty good rep, they asked questions on the assembly methods, etc. and the report back was good... so I proceeded.  On appearances it seems well done, will let you know how it performs.

I believe DavidC from this board has one of their FALs.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 5:45:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks sweet. Any way to SBR that sucker? Is the standard AKSU expansion chamber considered a flash hider? If it is are there any lookalikes out there that aren't consider flashhiders by the ATF? I might be able to sneak one of those past my wife, and they sign Form 4s around here.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 5:50:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Sure, Troy drills a couple of .125" holes in the booster and then a $200 tax stamp and your done.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 6:00:04 PM EDT
[#12]
If you get one as an SBR they just don't put the can on.  You can get them made in preban form if you provide a donor AK for the receiver... then you get a folding stock.  If preban you can also get the threaded barrel and pay up for a real silencer.

No, the can is not a flash hider... its a barrel extension only.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 7:32:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Looks good man.

I see you opted NOT to have a side rail put on...

BISHOP
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 7:35:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Bishop it was a preassembled rifle, not a build.  They don't put rails on their's.  I might have one put on later, I really want a rail so I can put a reflex sight on... But maybe this will be a pure unadulturated rifle.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top