Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2002 6:21:30 AM EDT
Have it listed on EE but NO bites.

Mak 90 Stamped Receiver.In good condition.Only light handling marks.Metal is still bright with no scratches down to the Metal.Furniture is a US MADE Walnut set by Soup Bowl.This wood is very NICE.This MAK has the US parts count that makes it Legal to pitch the ButtHole stock and put the right AK furniture on it.Everyone says its the nicest wood theyve seen on an AK.Has Pin On MB.Comes with one 30 rounder but may throw in a 4 pack mag set with case for the right deal.Asking 400.00 depending on how many mags.Ill also pay the Shipping to your FFL.Id like to either end up with 400.00 cash or 300.00 and some trade.This is alot nicer than ANY SAR out there but I need to move it due to some recent purchases.Plus its not my only AK.If youve been thinking about a SAR check this one out.You wont be Sorry.Now for trade.I Bought a Glock 17 today so I need some Glock stuff.Mainly a Glock 17 Hi Cap.Also still need a Gas Block for a Bushy HB.Might be interested in other AR parts so let me know.

Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:27:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a good enouh deal to me. That is some cool looking wood. What kind of muzzle brake is on it? Maybe posting some bigger/closer pics might help w/the sale.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:32:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds fair to me. Maybe there just isn't a lot of traffic in that forum. Campybob said that MAK-90's in his area go for $350+ for a unmodified version. Add the fact that you already have it legally converted to pistol grip and have included a muzzlebrake, you should have no problem selling it. Heck, the difference between the finishes of the MAK-90's and SAR-1's is like night and day.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:34:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Considering the number that sell with the odd thumbhole stock for $350, I would just be patient.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:36:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 7:16:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, since you asked for opinions...
I have seen Soup Bowl stocks before and they are in fact really nice. I don't think your pic does your rifle justice. Might not hurt to take a better pic.
Also try posting on www.assaultweb.net and www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/semi4sale.cgi
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 7:27:07 AM EDT
[#6]
You can try Auction Arms and Gunbroker.com. I've sold guns at both places before. Your gun will be seen by the maximum amount of people.
The only thing you need to watch out for these days is that whatever you get paid with MUST clear your bank before you ship anything.

Your price is decent and the thing should sell. I sold a MAK90 with the USA parts and a Romanian laminate stockset for $450 last year.
The rifle looked like new.

The experience I've had selling various AKs is that the POSTBAN rifles will sell for more if they are unaltered. Once they have been given the 922r treatment there are far fewer buyers on the internet. Every "restored" rifle I've ever sold has been sold at a gunshow.
You might think about that, get your own table at a show and get a couple of friends to pitch in, everybody has some crap they need to sell.

Mike

Link Posted: 12/29/2002 7:49:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Used Mak90       - $300
conversion parts - $75
new stock  ?     - $75

So $400 is fair
Post a better pic.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 7:54:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 7:58:34 AM EDT
[#9]
I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I had some extra scratch...
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 8:00:25 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I had some extra scratch...

Yeah, I would too, but I been saying that in every thread depicting a rifle for sale.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 9:02:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Your price is fine, but the pic should be larger and of better quality.  What you want is to give the effect to the buyer that he's actually looking at the gun.  The small pic with the distracting background isn't a good sales pic.  

You also may want to go through and rewrite your ad.  It's way too hard to read.  It's just one long paragraph that has a bunch of periods in it.  People just look at the jumble of words and pass on reading it.  I know I didn't even notice it had Soup Bowl furniture (which incidentaly is GREAT wood) until the third or fourth time I read it.  Having the price buried in the ad makes it tough to realize it's a good deal as well.

You want to carry the coustomer from being interested in what you have (otherwise he wouldn't have clicked on it) to making him/her realize that it's such a great deal they're a dumbass if they don't buy it.  Don't jump around in the ad.  Make it flow in a direction that will result in sale.

An example is:

I have a stamped Mak-90 for sale.  It has the proper US parts count for a pistol grip: (list whatever parts), and a wood furniture set from Soup Bowl, which you can see from the (bigger) pic is stunning.  It has a pinned-on muzzle brake.  These are higher quality AK's than the current SARs out there.  Comes with one 30rd mag and sling.

$400 shipped (interested in trades for Glock stuff or AR parts),

Listing the price at the bottom separately not only makes it easier for a prospect to actually decide to pursue it, but it separates the painful fact that the gun written in the ad that he now wants badly after seeing the pic actually costs money.  People buy on emotion, so you want to get someone to emotionally want the gun, then use common sense to sell them on the deal.

People don't need to know that you have other AKs, or that you just bought a G17.  These details distract the prospect from the main thing, the AK for sale.  Don't bother mentioning the 4pack of "mags for the right deal" as that makes the customer think there's going to be work involved with you to sell him it.  ALL people want things to be easy for them, and reading ads isn't any different.    

That's the only theme that should appear in the ad.  Stick to "Feature" "Advantage" "Benefit" outline.  That means: What it is. What it does.  What it does for you.  This is a MAK-90(feature).  It has a pstiol grip, nice furniture and high quality(advantage).  It is better than a SAR for about the same amount of money(benefit).

I'm no expert, but if you keep it simple, make it easy to read, and use a good pic, that's all you need to do.  

Your price is fine, be patient.  It's just after Xmas so money's tight.  Anyone who wants a MAK-90 would find your price a good one for all that they are getting.  

Please don't take any of this as a flame.  I just want to see you sell it.  It's a good deal.

Ross
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top