Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/15/2002 1:48:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 4:26:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn, and I was going to take his advice about building an Stg58.
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 5:06:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 5:44:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 9:10:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Power Ranger LOL!!!!!!!!

Loaned my first built FAL, with 9x scope, to a rookie friend. Shot my second FAL built, recently completed after walnut stock finish, under 100 rnds thru it, with the beloved Trilux scope. Had one FTF, needed mag drop, hand feed, reset mag in the offhand 10shots in 10 min, scored 79. Had 2 FTF mag drop/hand feed WTFs in the kneeling 10 shots in 70 sec with mandatory mag change, scored 71. Prone, had 5 min for 10 shots, had 2 more WTFs, then found the pivot pin for the upper and lower receivers (which has no 'grab' on the round nut opposite the slotted side, not supposed to be tightened hard) walking out 1/2" and the nut down. Failed to get 3 shots to the paper, scored 53. Blue Locktite Opportunity. No idea how scores in other relays figure in, or what the Lewis System is that was mentioned in the format sheet.
Real fun shoot, too bad I had to get my friend home, but part of turning him over to the Dark Side in getting him there at all. And my Freakin' CETME was putting 1/4 of it's first mag onto the roughly 8"x18" steel plate that Waldo and Plateshooter were using at about 200 yds on the practice range before the match. With untouched irons as delivered from Century!!!
Talking about adding a 3 rifle bonus relay to the March event. Likely 1 8mm Mauser/54r Mosin, 1 FAL, 1 smallbore AK to be used in the positions of choice.
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 10:43:09 PM EDT
[#5]
My not fondest memory of my short lived FAL was me with my face crammed into the butt stock attempting to get a sight picture. Whoever designed the FAL had a miniture head and incredible upper body strength.
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 10:46:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
My not fondest memory of my short lived FAL was me with my face crammed into the butt stock attempting to get a sight picture. Whoever designed the FAL had a miniture head and incredible upper body strength.

For some reason I just pictured you being built like an alien from Close Encounters

j/k
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 3:32:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 6:31:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Nobody cheers about the fat stick sight picture in the Trilux either, you just have to learn it like the irons. I don't need to brag, you were alreday flipping me off after the first series in front of everybody. And I still believe you knocked your rear leaf out of place, as you were steadily making, bang/whack/hey I hit it! sounds at the practice range steel earlier in the morning.
And the FAL that last Tue made the nifty 5 shot/100yd group of 1 7/8"x7/8" measured from the outside of the holes, that was the one I loaned to my friend and had no problems at all.  
Now that my 5lb .22 has been upgraded to an 8lb .22, I'll probably swap the scope for apertures once I get a handle on the holds for the very different stock.
Thanks for dragging me into the Wed league last year, and getting me to the BRC so I could meet Lew Tippie. That has a whole lot to do with how my shooting has improved.

I want to live the life of danger,
I want to tease a hi-power ranger.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top