Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2002 12:39:14 PM EDT
My wife bought me an AK for my birthday; it is an interteck P.O.S. never saw a bigger P.O.S in my life. First off the receiver rubs on the bolt (or vice versa) to the point that I can't get the gun to cycle, then wile shooting my new "bolt action" AK (like I friggin live in kALIFORNia) the trigger jams and will not move, it is locked back and jammed in to the safety which also wont budge. SUcKS--

My question is who is "the man" for fixing AK's?

I would just buy another, but because the wife bought it for me it has some sort of sentimental value and I can't get rid of it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 1:02:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Should've bought an AR!  

My advice would be to replace it with something better(SAR from www.aimsurplus.com). You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear now can you?  If it looks close in appearance your wife will not likely notice any difference and you'll be happy as well

In the event you're determined to fix it there are a number of people who may do so for you but I'll let others mention them as I have had no experience with any of them. Good luck.
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 1:04:31 PM EDT
[#2]
let your post ride for a couple days, this is a holiday weekend and the "pro's" are bound to show up sooner or later.. :)

Where's Campy when you need him?  
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 1:38:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 3:04:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like a good deal from aimsurplus.com. I love my SAR1, got mine from Century for 299.00.........
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 3:34:11 PM EDT
[#5]
You say your trigger is jamming?  Check to see if the trigger pin has become loose and mis-aligned. Often the shepards hook fails to properly engage the pins locking groove and walks out and will cause a jam, or binding.
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 8:02:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You say your trigger is jamming?  Check to see if the trigger pin has become loose and mis-aligned. Often the shepards hook fails to properly engage the pins locking groove and walks out and will cause a jam, or binding.

Sounds like damn good advice to me. Tell us what you see, Anus.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top