Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2002 6:46:10 PM EDT
Anyone had any work done by them? Unless MickeyMouse and Campy get their FFL manufacturer crap in soon, I'm thinking about sending my SAR-2 in to these folks to either AK-USA, Krebs or these guys who can do the work I want done to my SAR-2: trigger, refinishing, install Romanian muzzle brake, straighten gas block and install Red Star Arms magazine release.

www.azexarms.com/

themao
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 9:48:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Better do it soon.  They're going out of business this month.  I'd link to their 'Out of Business' message over at Full-Auto.com, but it's down right now.

USPC40

NRA Life Member
GOA Life Member
SAF Supporter
SAS Supporter

Link Posted: 10/8/2002 10:02:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 3:47:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 6:16:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 4:27:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Campy,

From what I know the answer to your question is yes.  Derek apparently has worked out a deal to help SAI with their backlog of orders.  I have always found Derek to be a stand up guy and I will miss his service.  Hopefully he will be back in business someday.

Regards,
Gary  
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 8:51:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, if this Derek guy is going to SAI, maybe that will be a good thing for all of us. He'll be able to make our LEGPs faster!

Dammit, I still need someone to work on my rifle.

themao

Got ice picks?
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 9:34:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Mao,

Derek is a master at what he does. But if he is unable to do your work right now have you considered his old partner Mark Graham, who runs Arizona Response Systems. Marks work is slightly different than Dereks but he is equally a master at what he does. And if he is too busy then I know that he has a few people at his shop that can do what you are looking for. Good luck.

www.arizonaresponsesystems.com=
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 12:25:05 PM EDT
[#8]
thermo, I received my SAR 2 from Derek three (3)weeks ago. It is a thing of beauty. Every thing on it is top notch. It's a shame Derek is going out of business. That G3 rebuild on his website was really tempting. If you can get him to do your SAR before he shuts down, you won't be sorry.
Just remember,Campy made me do it!
Good luck, Gary
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 2:29:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Arizona Response Systems doesn't look to shabby either:

That's Woodland Camo with a MetaCol III finish. Here's urban, which is what I would get:

Anyone have this finish on their guns? It's a "solid-film lubricant containing moybdenum disulphide in a keytone carrier", which is kind of like Bear Coat used by Les Baer or these other sulfur based coatings.

The MetaCol IV though is a manganese phosphate coating, which is essentially a form of parkerization. It's tougher, but it only comes in one color: black-grey.

Anyone that has used these finishes I would appreciate the input. I can't send my gun off yet since I'm in school right now, and I won't be able to until this Christmas. I just want to get things organized so I know who to send the gun too, etc.

themao
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 5:11:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I had my SAR 2 refinished by Derek.  Without saying, the work was absolutely top notch.  Try to get it in before hes done.  Its on his website under AK redo.  Heres a pic of it...

It sucked, I had to sell it to pay for fucking college tuition.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top