Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2002 12:54:53 PM EDT
I went and did it today at the gunshow, bought a wasr-10 in 7.62x39. also 2 extra mags and 250 rds of ammo to try it out with. (If I like the rifle I intend to mail order 1K rds ammo)
A few questions, new stocks who puts out the american stocks?
I can allways refinish but the stocks is soso.
(I like the looks of the green or a nice blond wood stock better.)
I allready did the triggerslap mod as I was cleaning it.
Thanks I am sure I will be bothering you folks more.
edited to add, What is the lowdown on comps?
K-var too?
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 1:24:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Go here and spend all your money my son...

k-varcorp.com/

Bradd
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 1:41:31 PM EDT
[#2]
or ironwooddesigns.com for nice virgin wood if you are so inclined
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 3:07:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the links, gonna put some rnds downrange and then try to make up my mind wood vs plastic.
One thing is I need a longer pull on the stock for sure.
Had some problems with inserting mags, Looks like I need to file down some points at the back of the well from the milling operation. Other than that after a good cleaning and the trigger slap mod,
the 2 stage trigger isn't too bad for now.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 3:40:39 PM EDT
[#4]
GET THE RED STAR ARMS TRIGGER!!!I have one in my Romak 2; you really have to try one to believe how good the trigger in an AK can be, and that ain't no shit.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 7:17:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Zardoz hit the nail right on the head.  I just installed my RSA trigger tonight and man I'm here to tell you...what a difference!  It is easily as good as, if not better than, the trigger in my SA M-7.  BTW, it's not nearly as complicated to put in as the directions make it seem.  It took me about 30 minutes or so.

Bradd
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 10:10:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome to the DARK SIDE!  
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 3:27:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I figure I will shoot it first, and if I like it then start spending money and time on it.
Already had the trigger group out, when I fixed
the trigger slap. so no worrys there. that shepards
hook retainer is a pos. if/when I upgrade the FCG I am also getting the Shep hook eliminater that Red star sells at the same time.
I do all my 'smithing and am a amatuer machinist and good welder. It has some rough edges but
for the cost worth a shot. Besides I HAD to see what you guys over here have been blathering about!
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 2:15:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Wildweasel, the RSA trigger group is not just for fixing trigger slap; have you ever fired an AR15 that has a Jewell trigger installed? That's what my RSA feels like--only the RSA (to me, anyway) has a more positive "stop" at the second stage.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top