Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2002 10:26:35 AM EDT
I've got a fixed stock Poly that comes with the box, sling, 4 East German 30 rnd mags, 5 rnd mag, is in excellent shape except for some surface rust on the bolt and the area it contacts. I've only shot it twice and must have had some of the rust when I first bought it. I really don't want to sell it but there's a real nice all correct '43 Springfield Garand at a gun shop just waiting for me to put some money down on it. I know the surface rust will hurt the value some and would try to fix it but don't know how or what to use on it. Any/all suggestions on asking price or how to clean up the bolt would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 1:47:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 2:32:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply Campy! Yes, it's a pre-ban as it has the bayonet. The only accessories I don't have are the original chrome-follower mags and an oiler kit (if it actually came with one). If the Garand wouldn't be so nice I wouldn't even be thinking about selling this Poly.
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 4:40:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 6:04:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
garands are getting pricey...and so is the darn ammo. that stuff is going for twenty-two to twenty-six cents a round...for milsurp.

oh, walnut! so hard to resist!

Yeah the ammo pricey, but you know Springfield Armory is starting produce new Garands chambered for .308.  

Must have AK.... Must have Garand.... Must win Lotto......

-SS
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top