Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2002 8:54:42 AM EDT
I have a SAR-3 and was wondering if any of you have tried any of the Russian red dot scopes.
Any info and opinions would be appreciated.
Thanks
-juiceman
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 9:22:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 10:28:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Please excuse my ignorance but I am not sure what you mean when you say "which one".
Do you mean the scope or the AK?
My AK is SAR-3 in .223. As far as the scope, I am interested in any red dot scopes that work well.
Is the scope you mentioned the one that has the 1.8 MOA dot?
Is that dot hard to pick up? My aimpoint on the AR is 4 MOA and I am trying to picture the dot being half that size.
You said you have a second generation of that scope. How many generations are there and what are the differences?
Thanks for your help!
-juiceman
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 10:39:21 AM EDT
[#3]
If you want a red dot, get the Kobra EKP8 from Tantal. Various updates over the years include a stronger side bracket, changed electronics for longer battery life, and a change to a $3 coin battery from 2 AA batteries. There are 4 reticles to choose from, dot, chevron, dot over chevron (my fave to adjust for parallax up close or drop out far), and a pedastal frame that looks sorta like -i- with the vertical bar below.
It is a roughly 1 moa dot, but you can choose more reticle with the push of a button.
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 10:47:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info!
Can you post the web address for Tantal?
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 4:32:09 PM EDT
[#5]
tantal: tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/

another source for the russian optics is NightVisionWeb. Here's the russians section: www.nightvisionweb.com/ak_svd_scopes.htm. They have the Kobra red dot and the PK-A red dot scope.

Kobra

PK-A
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top