Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/22/2023 10:10:09 PM EDT
Looking for a new grip for my AK SBR. Seems like these two are the most popular.

Which do you guys recommend? The Tangodown looks less grippy texture-wise and fatter/wider than the K2, but I see it on lots of guns. Since this is an SBR, would the more vertical K2 be a better option?
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 10:50:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I have big hands and like the Tango Down much better. Hope this helps
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 7:36:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I can't recall which magpul grip I got, but it has the rubber on the outside and that thing is awesome. I also live in Houston where if you even think about going outside you start to sweat, so the rubber is much appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:42:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I've used many many grips over the years.  I find myself putting the Magpul MOE+ on most of my guns.  The rubberized texture is extremely grippy and the angle works for me.  

I do have the US Palm on a few guns but mostly because they just look great.  You are correct in your assumption that they are a bit slick in comparison to other options.  I think that's why you see people put skateboard/hockey tape on them for serious use.  

The rubberized zenitco RK-3 is another great option if you can happen on to one for normal prices.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 3:31:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Magpul K2 for sure, good grip design generally. That indentation at the top of the grip a la` CZ-style grips really works well at getting your hand in there nice and tight.

But FYI the K2 does not have a straighter grip angle, it looks like it does but that's an optical illusion, take one and compare it directly to a standard combloc grip and you'll see the angle is almost identical.

Only one or two i've ever seen that do actually correct the angle some, the Stark grip is one, and then there's some other grip for small hands that I bought for the wife's SA-85 that has a little straighter angle but can't remember the brand.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 3:39:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I'll just buy both and return whichever doesn't feel right.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 4:50:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
return whichever doesn't feel right.
View Quote

every retailers nightmare
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 6:54:19 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a US Palm on a WASR. It feels great even though it has a more rearward sweep. I definitely don't like that on my ARs. I want more vertical like the K2 on the ARs. But the US Palm works on the AK platform for me. I was surprised
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top